User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really Rob?! Thats great! The vehicle inspection was the only thing I thought we had to some back for. The lady at the Bastrop County tax office said we had to have a current vehicle inspection before we could renew our license plate registration every year at the same time. Well that solves one of our issues.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Really Rob?! Thats great! The vehicle inspection was the only thing I thought we had to some back for. The lady at the Bastrop County tax office said we had to have a current vehicle inspection before we could renew our license plate registration every year at the same time. Well that solves one of our issues.
    There are two different processes for in-person and renewal on the internet. When you renew on the internet, you electronically "sign" an affidavit stating that the vehicle is out of state and that you agree to have it inspected the next time the vehicle is back in Texas. The whole thing is quite painless. We often re-enter the state in the northeast corner (we have family in Tyler). We've found an inspection station right down the road from where we stay that has a large bay that can accommodate 18-wheelers and large RVs. We just stop there on the way into town and have all three vehicles inspected at the same time (my wife drives a "chase car" on travel days so we have something besides a LB CC DRW truck to run around in...).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone looked into the cost for registration of a new Momentum in SD, TX, or FL? Or does anyone mind sharing what they are paying for tags that is registered in these states? I would like to figure out if it is worth registering my Momentum out of state to save on fees. Thanks
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmiller639 View Post
    Has anyone looked into the cost for registration of a new Momentum in SD, TX, or FL? Or does anyone mind sharing what they are paying for tags that is registered in these states? I would like to figure out if it is worth registering my Momentum out of state to save on fees. Thanks
    Attached link to SD licensing/registrations/fees/etc. As noted in the first link we pay 4% (one time) of price paid or net trade amount + minor fees as noted and the annual license fees are noted in the second link stated by trailer GVWR:

http://dor.sd.gov/Motor_Vehicles/Fee...istration.aspx
    http://dor.sd.gov/Motor_Vehicles/Fee...%20trailer.pdf

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Not true. We renew the vehicle registration(s) on-line every year and our Escapees mail service forwards the stickers and registration slips to us (even sends us a special email notification for anything coming from the TX DMV, DPS, or the Polk County Tax Office). The vehicle inspection law only requires you to have the vehicle inspected the next time you physically enter the state. I believe you can renew your driver's license by mail every other time, too.

Rob
    As far as drivers license renewal goes, you have to show up in person every 12 years...no exceptions. This year was my year to renew and I didn't notice it until I was in SW Arizona. So I choose to fly from Las Vegas to Austin where my brother lives to renew. Two hundred dollars later, thank you Southwest, I'm god to go.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, for our Imagine 2950RL the license registration renewal was $76 gross weight 8995. Not a Momentum but gives you some info. There is a $7 safety inspection (lights brakes) before renewing the plates.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to look into New Mexico. 3% sales tax on vehicles and the registration fees are dirt cheap.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    You may want to look into New Mexico. 3% sales tax on vehicles and the registration fees are dirt cheap.
    There is more to consider than just vehicle registration and sales tax on on the vehicles. If you're talking domicile, New Mexico is one of the least tax-friendly states according to Kiplinger. Sales taxes for other than vehicles can be as high as 8.7% (services are taxes, as well). Social Security benefits are taxed and exemptions for other retirement income are low. Annual property taxes on the median home value of $158,400 are $1,197/year and you have to be 65 or older and earn less than $16,000/year to qualify for a property tax credit of $250/year - and that's if you're married filing jointly. I am a native New Mexican and love to spend time back in the state - but I wouldn't consider re-establishing domicile here as a retiree (I say "here" because we're currently in NM visiting family).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There is more to consider than just vehicle registration and sales tax on on the vehicles. If you're talking domicile, New Mexico is one of the least tax-friendly states according to Kiplinger. Sales taxes for other than vehicles can be as high as 8.7% (services are taxes, as well). Social Security benefits are taxed and exemptions for other retirement income are low. Annual property taxes on the median home value of $158,400 are $1,197/year and you have to be 65 or older and earn less than $16,000/year to qualify for a property tax credit of $250/year - and that's if you're married filing jointly. I am a native New Mexican and love to spend time back in the state - but I wouldn't consider re-establishing domicile here as a retiree (I say "here" because we're currently in NM visiting family).Rob
    I agree, but I don't maintain residence there for IRS, state income tax or employment purposes. I do own a place in NM which allows me to register vehicles there. Even if you don't own a place you can use utility bills and other documentation to register vehicles if you're a part time resident (even w/o a NM driver license).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast