Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Must Stop along way! SE/SW

Planning a trip from Jacksonville to Albaquerque and looking for "must stops" along the corridor along I10 through Dallas up to I40 to Albaqureque. Any suggestions on great campgrounds are appreciated. We want to stop in New Orleans. I noticed some camp grounds close,to the French Quarter had favorable reviews. Safe Travels.......

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must stops are always a matter of personal preference. We like state parks and the full timers 2-2-2 rule. Travel no more than 2 hundred miles or stop by 2pm, spend 2 days. You get to dawdle in the morning, not drive too hard, and spend enough time in an area to really explore.

So I-10, Blackwater State Park just north of Pensacola, or get down on the beach.

Most people really like New Orleans, we don't. So we stay at Fontainebleau State Park and drive over the bridge to go sight see.

Huntsville State Park near Huntsville, TX was quite nice.

Stop in at the Escapees campground in Livingston, TX and get your individual wheel weight, it's enlightening.

A little out of a direct route to Dallas is Stephen A Foster State Park, Really good for a one or two nighter. As is Brazos Bend State Park.

If you head over to Austin way McKinney Falls State Park is a lovely place to visit particularly if you plan on going to the downtown area, lots of music.

Palo Duro State Park up by Amarillo is pretty interesting. Don't mind the 10% grade hill to get into it, it's only about a mile long.

Obviously we like state parks, we love to take little 1-3 mile nature walks in the evening.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The French Quarter is not cheap but is worth the stay in my book if you are doing New Orleans. JMHO
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg