Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice there are no advertisements or annoying popups (not the trailers, the ads). That alone is worth the $12. And as noted by minnow this a privately owned site. Worth every penny.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One final thought -- could you add the benefits of membership under the Become a Sponsor tab so that others don't have this confusing situation? Currently it shows only the three periods of subscription. Nothing else. Thanks.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxCowboy View Post
    One final thought -- could you add the benefits of membership under the Become a Sponsor tab so that others don't have this confusing situation? Currently it shows only the three periods of subscription. Nothing else. Thanks.
    I will make that suggestion to Chris who is the administrator. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jim - Moderator.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TxCowboy,

How are things going in Rockport and surrounding area. We were at Pioneer RV in Port A. a couple of weeks before Harvey. Was really amazed at the damage to the Coast. I was in Corpus when Ceila came thru in 1970, but I think that Harvey was worse. Just got an email from Pioneer a couple of weeks ago that they were now open for business. Hope the rest of the area is recovering and ready for business.

FYI, I am a member of the Jayco Owners Forum also. If you go over there, you'll see tons of pop-ups and if you've done a search on autotrader or rvtrader, you'll see pop-ups for those places in your post. Much prefer to pay the small fee and get no pop-ups.

Good luck with your RV search. We looked at Camper Clinic in Rockport but decided on a Grand Design from ExploreUSA in Seguin. Keep that in mind, not a bad drive from Rockport.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    TxCowboy,

How are things going in Rockport and surrounding area. We were at Pioneer RV in Port A. a couple of weeks before Harvey. Was really amazed at the damage to the Coast. I was in Corpus when Ceila came thru in 1970, but I think that Harvey was worse. Just got an email from Pioneer a couple of weeks ago that they were now open for business. Hope the rest of the area is recovering and ready for business.

FYI, I am a member of the Jayco Owners Forum also. If you go over there, you'll see tons of pop-ups and if you've done a search on autotrader or rvtrader, you'll see pop-ups for those places in your post. Much prefer to pay the small fee and get no pop-ups.

Good luck with your RV search. We looked at Camper Clinic in Rockport but decided on a Grand Design from ExploreUSA in Seguin. Keep that in mind, not a bad drive from Rockport.
    Hi Les and Sharon!

Rockport / Fulton is slowly rebuilding. The big box stores -- HEB, Walmart, Ace Hardware -- have all reopened and are doing a booming business as are many restaurants. There is still a lot of debris to be cleared but it's slow and steady progress. If you drive through, you'll see lots of new roofs and repairs being made everywhere.

We lost our 2015 Landmark 365 Key West to Harvey when it roared ashore. It was literally in the center of the eye of the storm. We were out of town on business and couldn't save it. We replaced the LM with a 2018 Solitude 375RES about a month ago. Our water front RV park in Fulton should be reopening on November 1st. Laurie and I are moving back there next week as are a few other full timers from the same park. The Winter Texans should start showing up about the same time.

From what we see on the news, Port Aransas is recovering nicely. Again, slow but steady progress. Will take a long time before all of the remnants of the storm will be gone.

Hope you all can make it back to the Port A / Rockport area soon.

All the best!

Jeff & Laurie Smith
    Rockport, TX

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion Jeff and Laurie. I will see what I can do with that.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12