User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Dad47 View Post
    I have the Model 1210T refer in our 2017 337 and have had this hitemp shutdown 3 times in the past year all occurring during heavy rain. I inspected the unit and could see no evidence of overheating - really recommend this inspection before attempting to reset the hitemp control. Each time I was able to successfully reset the unit using a small magnet. After this last incident, I fashioned a shield over the hitemp control board by cutting up a small plastic container and securing it in place with tape. Will have to wait for more thunderstorms (oh joy) to see if the shield works. If it seems to work, I will try to fashion a better and more permanent shield.
    We had this problem back in October on our last trip for the season. the magnet seemed to get us back up and running for the last couple of days of that trip. I had our dealer check it out when we got back home before we put it in storage for the winter. They said everything checked out fine.

Pulled it out of storage to dewinterize for the current season and found the frig wouldn't come on (same fault code), even with the magnet. After talking online with thenorcoldguy.com we determined the high temp switch was bad and he told me there was a recall on the switch. I called Norcold customer service to try and get the switch, but they will only provide them to certified service folks for safety reasons. I took it to a local RV dealer (not a GD dealer) because my GD dealer was 60 miles away and they blew it last fall when they checked it out. Local dealer confirmed with Norcold the recall, and they repaired it under Norcold warranty- no cost to me. I'd suggest contacting Norcold with the serial number of your fridge to see if it's hi temp switch is one that's been recalled.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if there's a recall on some switches, why in the world doesn't that information get communicated to Grand Design, and Grand Design to dealers, and my dealer to me? Or why doesn't Grand Design send me a recall notice like Dodge or General Motors?

This industry needs to change. Lack of proper inspections during manufacturing and no recalls are just two examples.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Dad47 View Post
    Interesting. According to the website, the recall is for units manufactured between 1997 and 2010. My 307 was built in 2017 and the fridge S/N is way outside the range of numbers listed on the recall notice.

When I dropped my 307 off with the dealer, he indicated that my fridge already had the recalled temp sensor replaced with the upgraded one. When he called Norcold to get authorization to repair it, they told him they wanted him to take a number of voltage readings. They then sent him part #634737 KIT-RECALL-HT-SENSOR.

I wonder if recall notices went out to registered owners back in 2011 (or whenever), and what we are seeing now is failures of the upgraded sensor?
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    So if there's a recall on some switches, why in the world doesn't that information get communicated to Grand Design, and Grand Design to dealers, and my dealer to me? Or why doesn't Grand Design send me a recall notice like Dodge or General Motors?

This industry needs to change. Lack of proper inspections during manufacturing and no recalls are just two examples.
    Did you fill out the registration cards or go online to register all your products with the manufacturers? Generally the manufacturer will send the recall notice direct to you. GD in the past has left the serial numbers in the Owner's Manual packet so you do have to go looking up on the serial numbers on each product.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when trying the magnet does the unit need to be powered on or off?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12