User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Ride --- Pin Box Options - 2018 375 RES

I have a 2018 375 RES on order and would like to add some sort of air ride pin box.

My truck has a B&W Companion Slider installed. I am trying to cut down on a rough ride, and to smooth out the tow. What would the group recommend?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not "air," per se, but the MOR/ryde and Demco Glide Ride pin boxes both have very good reputations. They are also less expensive than true air pin boxes and not prone to air bag failure.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the 5th Airbourn pinbox. I looked at several models before deciding on this one. They all do the same job. I liked the clean line of this pinbox. I towed from Tucson all the way to Quebec City Canada. The roads are bad out there and this really helped in my opinion. Nothing will take all the roughness out but like I said it made a nice difference. One other thing that can help you is airbag suspension. The combination of the two should do about as good as you’ll get.
    Do your homework, you’ll make the right decision for your situation.
    Best of luck. I got mine through 4 Wheel Parts Performance on Speedway. Check online for deals other pinbox options.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's airbag hitches also, several that I have heard of. We have the Air-safe hitch ourselves. They say it will take out 95% of the banging and chucking that you get from a regular hitch. It's the only hitch that we have ever had so can't give a testimonial comparing it to other hitch's. What I can say though is that it does make for a pretty smooth ride. There have been time's that i have put too much air in the hitch and it made for a rough ride. I heard about it the whole trip. If that is any indication of what the ride is like with a standard hitch we don't want it. Our Air safe hitch has 4 good size air bags, one at each corner. It also has two shocks one on either side. What it does is give some controlled movement in all directions including up and down.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 11-01-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PortENGR View Post
    I am trying to cut down on a rough ride, and to smooth out the tow. What would the group recommend?
    As others have mentioned, there are a couple manufacturers of air bag hitches and they all work on a similar principal. We chose the Hensley BD3 and LOVE it! It makes a huge difference in smoothing out the ride while towing. It's actually on sale right now. Here are a couple links:

https://hensleymfg.com/product/bd3-a...h-wheel-hitch/
    http://www.trailersaver.com/air-ride...nsion-hitches/

We also added the MORryde pin box to reduce chucking even further.

Good luck!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had talked to Airsafe hitches if a adding a air pinbox would help even more or not. Their response was that it wasn't needed with their hitches. That they would not do enough to make things any better than what their hitch is already doing.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use both an air hitch and air pin box.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use both an air hitch and air pin box.
    How about an air hitch and a sidewinder pinbox?

Thinking of doing the ts3 or airsafe and the sidewinder since I will have a shortbed f350 and 337

I was also considering the 5th airborne sidewinder and then a b & w companion regular hitch for my ford pucks.
    Last edited by grandliving; 12-31-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: forgot something

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post

Thinking of doing the ts3 or airsafe and the sidewinder since I will have a shortbed f350 and 337

I was also considering the 5th airborne sidewinder and then a b & w companion regular hitch for my ford pucks.
    We have found that a good dampened pin box (in our case, a Demco Glide Ride - MOR/ryde also makes an excellent product) with a standard hitch provides a perfectly acceptable ride. We even used the Demco pin box with and Andersen Ultimate hitch in a 6.5' bed and did just fine from both ride and clearance perspectives. Our current setup is a PullRite OE 18K made for the Ford puck system and the Demco Glide Ride. Great combo.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post

You might want to check with B&W, because I don't think that B&W approves the use of the sidewinder with their hitch.