Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP tank monitoring thru One Control system

I was wondering if anyone has added the LP tank monitoring to MY RV system and if so what parts are needed to tie into my existing tank monitoring module to get it set up?

Thanks,
    Mark

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would have interest in this setup!
    Randy and Jennifer Bowman - Maiden, NC
    2007 Keystone Raptor 3712-Current
    2019 Momentum 381M, getting ready to order soon!
    2007 Chevrolet 3500HD Classic, Flatbed Dually, Crew Cab 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison Trans, Banks w/IQ, Banks Intake & Scoop, GM Performance Exhaust
    2013 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ, Dually, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison, Banks Intake
    EEZTire TPMS
    Various Golf Carts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer has my coach to fix the punch list and is working on getting the answer for me, I will let you know if we figure it out. I was hoping GD would have more knowledge on this and would respond as well?

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Afternoon,

I would suggest you contact Lippert (phone number: 574-537-8900 or by email: [email protected] or website: https://www.lci1.com/contact) about integrating the feature you are questioning on the MyRV control panel to see if it is possible. We don't have that information and Lippert would be best to assist.

Thank you,

Missy
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in researching this on Lippert site, they state that features are set by the RV mfg, and not by Lippert. It would be great to know the current and coming soon features for those of us pondering the order of a new RV. I cannot find any info anywhere on this or the HVAC controls, or really exactly what the system does on a Grand Design RV.
    2007 Chevrolet 3500HD Classic, Flatbed Dually, Crew Cab 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison Trans, Banks w/IQ, Banks Intake & Scoop, GM Performance Exhaust
    2013 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ, Dually, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison, Banks Intake
    EEZTire TPMS
    Various Golf Carts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbowman61 View Post
    in researching this on Lippert site, they state that features are set by the RV mfg, and not by Lippert. It would be great to know the current and coming soon features for those of us pondering the order of a new RV. I cannot find any info anywhere on this or the HVAC controls, or really exactly what the system does on a Grand Design RV.
    The AC controls is one of the latest features, but overall the trailer manufacture says which features they want to install in the build. The One Control if for OEM's only, but you can purchase additions directly from Lippert if you want to upgrade. The problem is most of them are new to the system in support and I have gotten multiple stories and opinions and shuffled around between parts and service and still cannot get a definitive answer from anyone. That is why I posted it here hoping GD would know if they looked at adding it in the near future to their coaches. I was told by one tech at Lippert that an auto generator start could be done through the system and then told by others it couldn't so I went with a stand alone AGS from another company. If Lippert or my dealer cannot get an answer I guess i will just have to go 3rd party again. It stinks to have to add another system just because I cannot get support for the system, I want my coach to be as OEM as possible with the additional features.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you there! I would love to have as many OEM features/options as possible on what i would call "Home(RV) Automation" I would love to know what is coming soon! the Lippert web site states what is coming soon, but of course that would depend on the mfg as well. No where can i find the info you refer to on purchasing upgrades.

Something else i would love to know about are design changes/mfg changes. I hear all over that this or that is different in the latest model, (Sofa, Flooring, No thermostats, etc) but how great would it be to have a thread specific for this type of stuff from GD!!! I am so close to pulling the trigger on an order, but want to know exactly what i am ordering. I would also love more detailed information, like one thread i was on said the outside speakers were fed by the Garage head unit. I would have not know that. But, I want the Rockford Fosgate system in my new Momentum, but again, not many details are available. GD help me out here. Make your website more informative, put more docs and manuals on the site for both current and future owners. Missy is extremely fast in responding to questions and that is wonderful, but many times the answers just don't have the needed info. I want the latest and greatest!
    EEZTire TPMS
    Various Golf Carts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to find out the options and more info is to call the Lippert number listed in the thread and get in contact with tech support, if you get someone knowledgable they should be able to get you part numbers and send you to the parts department for pricing and availability. At least that way you have a rough idea on materials cost and then just have to guesstimate labor. Grand Design made it easy to access the One Control system in my trailer behind the basement wall with all the other electronics, so with the LP bottles close it shouldn't be to bad adding the monitoring. My 388 model did not come with a garage stereo even though it showed in the garage package of the brochure, my garage, outdoor and living room speakers are all controlled through one head unit in the living room with 3 zones. These things very from model to model and even from coach to coach from what I have seen. GD is very dynamic and always changing which is a good thing, they don't let it get stagnant. Hope this helps for now and good luck. Mark

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the stereo is all integrated into one multi zone unit now! which is good! I will keep looking for info and will give Lippert a call as well.
    EEZTire TPMS
    Various Golf Carts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Lippert at least at this time will not allow the purchase of the items to upgrade, it is only allowed through the OEM and what they choose. So a few guys at work have been running this kit with good reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    This comes with a wireless monitor for 1/4 tank increments for quick reference in the coach which I was told is not overly accurate, but the blue tooth app is really good and reads in percentages. Hope this helps, good luck with your research.