User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    I am on this a little late, but here is ours: We are towing our 303 with GMC gas hd2500. Loaded to our max, and numbers are at max based on towing a fifth wheel, we haven't had any issues towing at all. we have about 20,000 miles, all across the U.S. and only issue is climbing hills. we sometimes get down to 35 mph and gas consumption can get down into 6 or 7. the normal towing for us is about 8 mpg and without any issues. We do have an auxiliary tank so stopping for gas for us is minimal and i can fill up for less cost. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
    What brand of auxiliary tank do you have for gas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got it from KSH Marine in Lake Havesue. it is a tool box tank combo and i added a filrite gas pump myself. I have about $1200 tied up in it but it has paid for itself over about a 3 year period. They can custom make whatever you want.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how large is your auxiliary gas tank?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is considered 40, but give or take a couple gallons of course.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgt157 View Post
    I'm interested in purchasing the 303rls and wondering if anyone tows theirs with a gas 3/4 ton pickup. I have a 2017 Ford F250 Gas model with the 6.2 liter engine. It's rated to pull 12500 pounds and has a 3300 pound payload capacity. I would prefer a diesel, but they are too far out of our budget to buy one.
    2014 F250 with the 6.2 and 3.73 axle. No problems. You just have to get used to the fact that it takes RPMs to make power with a gas engine. Get about 8.5MPG.

I've towed trailers with about every engine and gearing imaginable on a truck, and the one thing that is consistent is that it never pays to get in a hurry when you have a load. I used to stress out if I got behind somebody driving 1MPH slower than I wanted to go. Now I just figure it gives me an excuse to go slower. I'll pass them when the left lane clears. Or maybe I'll take the next exit and stretch my legs and make a bathroom stop.

Diesel would be nice, but not ~$8000 nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a GMC 2500 Duramax -- thinking about purchasing an 303RLS --I ran the calculator (thx for the link), and at 1% it says we will come in around 2500 pounds. Husband tells me manual says 2200 pounds (but don't worry we will be fine). No long trips -- just within the state in summer, but maybe someday. Your thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will be fine according to the provided numbers, pushing it from scale reads and overall right at my limits of course like many others. We have 3:73 and do just fine. we have been across country and back. slow goes it up some big hills, continental divide etc, but we do just fine. Good luck & Be Safe ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on Jeff & Karen's feedback. Depending on the year of your Duramax 2500, you may be over the magical payload # calculated to not exceed the 10,000 GVWR for the pickup to prevent additional licensing/fees/etc. required in some states but well within spring and tire ratings. We are usually not max loaded in our 303 but the one time we were, we were over the magical P/U payload # a few hundred lbs. but also a few hundred lbs. under the spring and tire ratings. Our pin weight was just over 2300 lbs. While we have not weighed in our normal loading circumstances, I suspect the pin averages about 2100 based on our situation and others who have shared numbers.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might i add one little thing: remembering back when doing the calculations, I found that if i had a diesel or the 4:10 rear the towing capacity increased a lot, but the rest of the vehicle is the same. you will suffer a little power on the hills and mileage, but I think you'll be fine.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    I suspect the pin averages about 2100 based on our situation and others who have shared numbers. Dan
    I would agree with Dan . . . it is very difficult (with empty tanks and normal "stuff" in the pass-thru storage) to get the pin weight of a 303 over 2100 lbs. Limited bedroom storage keeps it this way.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast