User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have told a bunch of noobs that its not worth saving a few hundred on a off brand when Honda/Yamaha are the leaders. Also all the accessories are made for the big brands, mounting plates, locks, quiet boxes, LP kits, extended run fuel tanks etc. Not saying you can not do this with the other brands but its clear that Honda/Yamaha have this market cornered.

I would ask why the EU3000 vs a pair of EU2000's? I think their are some benefits to two smaller units. Easier to carry, redundancy, you can shut down one while the other is running (I alternate every 12 hours) for lower fuel consumption. Couple the EU2000 with the Micro-Air Easy Start you will have the best solution. The Easy Start is one of the best products I have ever purchased for my RV.

If you dry camp a ton you may want to consider a better converter, the WFCO is totally junk. For a drop in replacement I like the Progressive Dynamics products. One thing it does well is you can use the charge wizard to very quickly charge a traditional battery. The WFCO in many cases is so crappy it won't enter all the charge profiles thus taking you forever to charge and/or boil your batteries.

If you are going to do this and want serious power, consider just getting a lithium battery from someone like Battle Born and a Progressive Dynamics Lithium Ion specific charger (though Battle Born claims their battery with work with any charger)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2 eu2000's running in parallel consumer more fuel and are much noisier than a single 3000w Honda.
    the 2000 runs 8 hrs on a tank of fuel, the 3000 runs 3x longer, 24 hrs, on a tank of fuel.
    I understand you can spend another couple hundred on an aux tank for the 2000 model, rather not have to.
    Also I can hook up a remote start on a 3000 model, this feature is not available on the 2000's.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything that he ^^^^^ said.

The 3000 is better in every way including convenience. It's a real PIA to lug a EU2000 out to use. Then if I need to run it all night I need to get out my BERG fuel tank and hook that up. Ever get up on a cold and or wet morning and want a cup of coffee? I just hit the remote start while you go out and jerk on the rope. Want to pull over on the side of the road for a cup of coffee? Hit the remote! Want to have the RV cool when you reach your destination? Hit the remote.

The 45 lb Honda EU2000 is going to get stolen way before my 125 lb EU3000 does.

I used the Honda twins and BERG for one season and the EU3000 beats them hands down.

The only advantages to the EU2000 is redundancy in case one fails and two of them make more power if you need it

As far as an aftermarket converter goes I use Boondockers in my RV's.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you put the EU3000?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    Where do you put the EU3000?
    I designed and built a cargo rack for the rear. I had it on my 29rs and moved it to my 220rk

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ohndeerefarmer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I found this pic online, please let me know if anyone recognizes it or knows who built it, I'm very interested in purchasing something like this! I'm going to try to find a local shop to build a box like this, or similar, so my Honda 3000 will be permanently mounted in the bed of my truck. I don't want a basket on the end of the RV because it increases the length I'm guessing about 3' and the whole point of buying our particular RV is to stay under 28'. If I had the room and the tools I'd build it myself... We started downsizing about 3 years ago and sold our house and tools etc., and gave up the ability to work on anything when we moved downtown into a high rise loft apartment, I can't even change my oil here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12222.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	10568

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I found this pic online, please let me know if anyone recognizes it or knows who built it, I'm very interested in purchasing something like this! I'm going to try to find a local shop to build a box like this, or similar, so my Honda 3000 will be permanently mounted in the bed of my truck. I don't want a basket on the end of the RV because it increases the length I'm guessing about 3' and the whole point of buying our particular RV is to stay under 28'. If I had the room and the tools I'd build it myself... We started downsizing about 3 years ago and sold our house and tools etc., and gave up the ability to work on anything when we moved downtown into a high rise loft apartment, I can't even change my oil here.

Name:	12222.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	10568

Ed,

See post #15 of this thread. The guy built it himself.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=52190

Donald

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks buddy!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Hi,

After installation I ran the EU3000is on eco mode and the a/c started up easily. I then got out my EU2000is and tried it. The a/c also started right up. I didn't try the EU2000is on economy mode.
    My plan is to carry the EU2000is as a backup if the 3000 fails. If I used the 2000W unit I would probably start it in normal mode and then switch it over to eco mode manually.
    Another advantage to the Easy Start is that now I can run the a/c off of one of the 20A house circuits whereas before it would trip the circuit breaker.
    The discount code is still good. I used it last month.

Just enter AIRSTREAM in the discount code box to save $50.

For anyone interested in the Easy Start unit there are several long threads on the Airstream forum. I read all of them before purchasing mine.
    I just purchased the Easy Start this morning (January 17th 2018) and the discount code still works, but it is for $40 off.

Name:	easy start coupon.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	11039

Here's a link to the actual unit on their website:

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...nt=29181121483

Also you have to pay for shipping, and the cheapest of about 10 different options was around $15 for shipping to Texas.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I put JDF's instructions together into a printable color document (with nice big photos) so I could have it with me while I'm on the roof doing this same mod next month when MY 220RK gets delivered from the factory. Anyway, I'm attaching here if anyone would like a copy. I was also able to open this file on my iPad and on my iPhone to view, should be able to on Androids as well, but you might need an Adobe Acrobat Reader app to do so, which is free.
    Maybe an admin would like to make it a sticky? I got permission from JDF and gave him credit in the document as well so feel free to share.
    I'm doing this install tomorrow and was going over the directions, so I just noticed a typo on the top paragraph, last page of this.
    It says "Scotch run and type wire splice crimp connector".
    This should read Scotchlok run and tap crimp connector.

Here's what it looks like:

Name:	sc.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	11835

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast