User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold fridge No FL & Frost in one freezer

Intermittently my Norcold 12 cu ft fridge in our 2017 337RLS refuses to run on LP.

All burners on the Cooking range work fine, LP furnace fires up fine but when I try to run fridge on LP it won’t fire up.

Any hints on a fix?

Second issue
    When fridge is on the left freezer develops frost long the top. There seems to be a poor seal on the door. The right freezer seals great. When you close the right freezer door it gets sucked in due to Rome temp air in freezer being cooled quickly. The left door does not do this and that side has a frost build up along the top where the seal is. I believe that the frost on the top is a telltale that warmer moist air is leaking in past the top seal.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Does it work on a/c? If not, maybe a fuse preventing the control panel to operate.

2. Have you tried switching the regulator switch at the propane tanks to the alternate bottle in case the switch is bad. Not sure it would work better on one bottle as opposed to the other, but I would try it.

3. Something clogging up the burner? Check from the outside to see if bugs or dirt have clogged your burner area on the backside of the refrigerator.

4. Igniter issue or similar? Rob or someone will have some ideas on the electrical possibilities.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually run only one tank open. I opened the other tank today just in case there was a low propane issue with the open one. No joy.

I didn’t try my water heater on propane to see if that would purge air from the line. But I did run all stove burners and furnace heater which all fired up immediately.

When the sun comes up I’ll pull the back off the outside panels and see if I can figure out how’s the igniter works.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this morning I tried the refridgerator on propane and it fired right up. I hate intermittent problems.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Intermittently my Norcold 12 cu ft fridge in our 2017 337RLS refuses to run on LP.

All burners on the Cooking range work fine, LP furnace fires up fine but when I try to run fridge on LP it won’t fire up.

Any hints on a fix?

Second issue
    When fridge is on the left freezer develops frost long the top. There seems to be a poor seal on the door. The right freezer seals great. When you close the right freezer door it gets sucked in due to Rome temp air in freezer being cooled quickly. The left door does not do this and that side has a frost build up along the top where the seal is. I believe that the frost on the top is a telltale that warmer moist air is leaking in past the top seal.
    I have the exact same issue. My left freezer develops frost along the top. My right freezer seals great, no frost at all. It gets sucked in as it should when closed but not the left.

It seems like the left freezer door upper seal is not sealing properly.

Has anyone had this issue repaired? Is it an adjustment that can be made or dies the door need to be replaced. I read that the seal is not replaceable.
    http://thenorcoldguy.com/blog/norcol...d-news-people/

My 1 yr warranty is about to expire and I’d like to get it fixed before it expires.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the alignment of the doors when closed? Do they line up across the bottom or is the left side low. If the left side is low you may be able to use a nylon washer on the pivot post to raise the door enough to line up and seal properly. There is a thread around here somewhere about it.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE