Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 337RLS Owner

Hi All,

My wife and I have been looking, researching, and asking questions for over a year now. Finally worked a deal on a 2018 337RLS yesterday and take delivery next Monday. Can't wait to camp in our new rig! Unfortunately will probably be Thanksgiving weekend before we can do a shakedown trip.

Question for you folks, I will print the PDI checklist someone shared here but wondering about the grease seal issue. Was that corrected by 2018 model or do I need to ask the dealership to check?

Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read on another thread here that if the axles are manufactured after May 2017 then they are OK.
    You can find the manufacture date on a sticker on center of the axle tube facing the rear.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just ordered our 337RLS also! It will be built and stored at dealer till delivery to our campsite in the spring. I would love to see the PDI checklist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the axles are Dexter axles you should be good to go.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We saw 2018 momentum's with lippert axles. They are clearly labeled. You'll need to crawl under and have a peak

Enjoy your new unit!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. I will crawl under it Monday and find out what brand axles. I found the PDI checklist in the reference section. Very detailed and easy to follow.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking to pick ours up Monday also. We have an 8am appt. This gives us plenty of time to go over and learn. Also let's us travel back home in the daylight! Ours arrived from factory to dealer yesterday. Ordered at Hershey show that Wednesday.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! My wife and I bought our 2017 337RLS back in the spring. We really like it. We made a few quick test trips not too far from home over the summer and we just finished a 6,500 mile / 7 week trip out west. I would also have them check the furnace heating duct that connects to the main plenum behind the storage divider. It's hangs vertical and is taped on. Ours was off when we got it home from the dealer. The dealer taped it back on, fell off again on our trip so I screwed it in place then taped it. Also test the auto level a few times at the dealer, if possible on a non level spot. The rear sensor module on ours was installed backwards so it would not auto level properly. Once the problem was discovered I was able to turn it around about two weeks into our trip and lots of manual mode level stops. Worked perfect every time after that. Tows great and is a very comfortable trailer with efficient use of space. I noticed on the 2018 models there is a window over the stove. Ours does not have one. Wish it did. The only mod I've done is add a washer and dryer and a better light in the bedroom closet.
    2017 F350 Platinum DRW Diesel
    2017 337RLS
    B&W Companion Hitch
    Memphis, TN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have just ordered a 2018 337RLS thru Affinity RV in Prescott, Az. Glad we waited as the second run of 2018 models feature a window over the stove & roll up shades rather than those pesky "camper type" accordion blinds. After looking at dozens of floor plans & several manufacturers, settled on GD due to quality & reputation. Originally wanted Solitude 310GK but settled on Reflection to save money & better towability with my 2500 Duramax. We will be full timing so ordered dual pane glass. In addition to 20% discount, dealer took a M/C in trade that I couldn't give away on Craig's list. Hoping to take delivery mid January.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    We have just ordered a 2018 337RLS thru Affinity RV in Prescott, Az. Glad we waited as the second run of 2018 models feature a window over the stove & roll up shades rather than those pesky "camper type" accordion blinds. After looking at dozens of floor plans & several manufacturers, settled on GD due to quality & reputation. Originally wanted Solitude 310GK but settled on Reflection to save money & better towability with my 2500 Duramax. We will be full timing so ordered dual pane glass. In addition to 20% discount, dealer took a M/C in trade that I couldn't give away on Craig's list. Hoping to take delivery mid January.
    Forgot to mention, really like the upgraded stove/oven on new model!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast