Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the double door 8.5 cubic foot fridge/freezer, and it cools fine in the hot Mid South. I see no need to add a fan inside the fridge until it is found the unit will not properly cool.

After a minor collision, I switched from Atwood to Dometic refrkgerators. I couldn't get over how much heat refrigerators out out. And the fans behind the fridge are required, especially when mounted in a slide.

Grand Design has some light plywood above the electric fan pushing hot air toward the vertical top louvers of my slide. The whole fridge cavity is very hot on a summer day. i reconstructed the venting to where the airflow is more efficient and hot air goes out the louvers rather than blowing around the inside of the cabinet. Now, my freezer keeps ice cream nice and hard.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I have the double door 8.5 cubic foot fridge/freezer, and it cools fine in the hot Mid South. I see no need to add a fan inside the fridge until it is found the unit will not properly cool.

After a minor collision, I switched from Atwood to Dometic refrkgerators. I couldn't get over how much heat refrigerators out out. And the fans behind the fridge are required, especially when mounted in a slide.

Grand Design has some light plywood above the electric fan pushing hot air toward the vertical top louvers of my slide. The whole fridge cavity is very hot on a summer day. i reconstructed the venting to where the airflow is more efficient and hot air goes out the louvers rather than blowing around the inside of the cabinet. Now, my freezer keeps ice cream nice and hard.
    As we learned in the RV Maint. Tech. class last week, that plywood at the top (for all refers in a slide out, not just Grand Design) is by design......to force the air up over and through those top fins. And there should be something above those top fins that's sloped, to force the air to the outside rather than it just percolating (circulating) within the wall cavity. Also, there's not supposed to me much room in that wall cavity....just a bit more than the thickness of your hand if you were to slide your open hand up in there. I'd be interested in seeing photos of what your modification was?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12