Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon to be new Reflection owner

Hi all from Dave and Joanne,

We are waiting for the delivery of our Reflection 337 RLS in the next 2 -3 weeks. We loved the layout and everyone we talked to loves the 5th wheel. We have a few questions and I'd appreciate any feedback from existing owner with a similar setup.

Our rig - 2015 Ram 2500 crew cab short bed diesel and Andersen Ultimate Gooseneck Hitch.

1. How would you set up the king pin block? Funnel in front or back?
    2. What height is the ball set at. Low, Middle or High.
    3. Do you use air bags on your 3/4 ton Truck for this trailer?

I have searched the forum and there are a lot of posts on the AUH and the impression that I get is the funnel is behind the king pin and I'm less sure about the height of the ball.

We have towed a regular trailer for many years and this will be our first 5th wheel. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and the 337 family. If you're used to pulling a TT, you are going to be very pleasantly surprised how nicely a fiver pulls.

We picked up our 337 in September. It is slightly larger than our last fiver and we love it. We made one shakedown cruise and the fiver has been in the shop ever since to replace the refrigerator and convert to disk brakes. I'm not really upset about the fridge - stuff happens and Dometic is taking care of it so I can't really complain. The brake situation, I'm not so sure about. I could lock up all four wheels on concrete when I picked it up, 300 miles later they wouldn't lock up with the controller set to the max - even on gravel. Disks were an easy choice at that point. I'm anxious to see what the shop found when they pulled the hubs. Lots of information on this forum about greased brakes and Lippert will pay to have them inspected and replaced if necessary. Supposedly, the late build 337's don't have the problem, but my brake performance sure deteriorated quickly.

Our TV is a little different than yours - see my signature below - but I can tell you I love the AUH. I have the funnel to the front and have all kinds of space between the bed rails and cab. My bed height is 32" and the AUH is on the lowest setting.

I've made a point to load lightly and my pin weight is 2520 and that maxes out my TV rear axle so I'm actively shopping for a F350 diesel, but my gas F250 doesn't have any problem pulling it. I think if I was going to keep the F250 I'd seriously consider air bags.

There are several current threads that discuss bed height, etc. that may answer some questions for you.

Best,

John
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info John. I hope I don't have the same brake problems that you encountered. I see a number of members on the forum converting to disk brakes. I also see that you have done a few mods, I plan to install a Progressive Industries EMS, and a fence post tube for additional storage for the hoses. May you get your unit back quickly!

Dave