Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnkelly View Post
    we don't want to buy a new truck as well we have air springs on the back of truck is there a way to beef up the brakes on truck
    Beef up brakes - no. Also, nothing you do to modify the suspension changes the legal weight ratings. Period.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great info thanks

we are looking at a reflection 337 and they only come with one a/c the solitude 377 comes with two but that is even more heavy than the ref 337

we don't want to buy a new truck as well we have air springs on the back of truck is there a way to beef up the brakes on truck
    The second AC is an option, but every 337 I've looked at has had it. You won't be happy with out it.

I don't know any way to beef up the rear axle of the truck, but you can put disk brakes on the trailer.

As for pulling a 337 with a 3/4 ton, yes, it can be done, but will require compromises and you won't be happy in the long run.

Many years ago, I bought a used truck camper. The weight tag said my truck could haul it, no problem. What I didn't know was that the roof leaked and the entire structure was soaked - that thing probably weighed more than the truck - the jacks would hardly lift it. I don't know how many tires I changed and it was a pain to drive.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we already have the truck and haven't purchased the 337 yet, so maybe we should be looking for a lighter weight 5er bummed that GD doesn't have a light weight 5er that has a east/west bed.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cost of ordering a second A/C from the factory is $833 for a thermostatically controlled unit, about half what your dealer is quoting you. If the dealer can't match that, tell him you'll order a fresh unit from the factory.

If you could do a travel trailer the 315RLTS has the same basic floorplan as a 337 with east/west bed and is 3/4 ton towable. It even has an extra closet the 337 doesn't have. I already had my 2500HD when we shopped for a new trailer. We chose the 315RLTS because it felt like a fiver without the stairs and our truck could easily tow it. Have not regretted the decision, we really love it!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks I'll check it out

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    The cost of ordering a second A/C from the factory is $833 for a thermostatically controlled unit, about half what your dealer is quoting you. If the dealer can't match that, tell him you'll order a fresh unit from the factory.

If you could do a travel trailer the 315RLTS has the same basic floorplan as a 337 with east/west bed and is 3/4 ton towable. It even has an extra closet the 337 doesn't have. I already had my 2500HD when we shopped for a new trailer. We chose the 315RLTS because it felt like a fiver without the stairs and our truck could easily tow it. Have not regretted the decision, we really love it!
    And if you get a ProPride or Hensley hitch it will tow like a 5th wheel... I had a 313 (predecessor to the 315, and a ProPride hitch...towed to Alaska and back...no sway, no typical bumper pull issues...pulled like a fifth wheel but man it is long!
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lynnkelly, we're very interested in a Momentum 351 and are just south of you in Vegas. Blue Dog is our local dealer, but there's also Paul Evert in Bullhead City and Nielson in St George. Just wondering if Nielson is where you're looking, so I can kinda get a feel for how they do business. Thanks...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 3/4 ton crewcab has the heaviest optioned suspension and rear air bags. Without pumping up the bags, I have very little squat so my 323BHS is okay on kingpin weight. But I am Mac's out according to my specs.

I am running a diesel, and it is warranted on any 337 unless you are just towing a short distance and not in the mountains.

I too have one a/c unit and I camp in sites surrounded by trees in summer. I plan on adding a Dometic Penguin II low profile a/c unit in the front bedroom that is ducted and the thermostat mounts above the light switch in the bedroom. It is the only way to go. You can search online for the a/c unit, and the head (inside grille) is priced separately. I suspect they are just under $1000 delivered and installation is maybe 2 hours total.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you say pin weight is that the same as hitch weight. and is the weight you stated with the rig loaded or dry weight?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you say pin weight is that the same as hitch weight. and is the weight you stated with the rig loaded or dry weight?
    Yes, pin weight and hitch weight refer to the same thing on a 5th wheel.

My 337 came with an empty pin weight of 2250lbs where per the Grand Design spec on their web page Lists it as 2090 lbs. that’s dry weight. When loaded for a trip my pin weight runs about 2800-2900 lbs. that’s with just enough fresh water to flush toilets a few times or wash hands when stopping between campgrounds. Plus clothes in front closet, food in pantry, refridgerator stocked, dishes, silverware, drinks, bedroom tv, hibachi, charcoal, tools, lawn chairs, bottle jack, tools, water hoses, sewer hoses, favorite beverages, etc etc etc etc.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast