User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably should have posted the wet bolt and CRE upgrade to our Imagine 2950RL here instead of in the Imagine forum. Oh well, I didn't think about it.

Our unit was built in October. Edity OOPS build date 10/2016. Sorry Jim.
    The equalizers and shackles have no identifying logo only the equalizer has a part number. However when I communicated with GD about doing this upgrade and what effect it would have on warranty, which they said it would have no effect unless the installation was done incorrectly, they also advised I should touch base with LCI. That tells me our unit has LCI suspension components with nylon busings.

Here is the old stuff I removed.

The new MORryde shackles with the new wet bolts were all pressed in at 9 o'clock so i didn't have to correct them. I use a pneumatic grease gun being driven at 100 psi line pressure. All of my zerks took grease.

I suspect on the assembly line they are not paying much attention as to what position the wet bolt grease hole is in when they install them. I dont know how they are greasing them at the factory when built but my guess is a single pump or single trigger pull on the gun. I say this because of the old adage "Time is Money". Not nearly enough so it will show outside of the bushing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1391.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked my 2018 303 with a build date of 4/2017. Wet bolts but all Lippert components. There was grease on the zerks but I couldn’t see any old grease come out ahead of the new. Had 2 that wouldn’t take grease until I raised the rear of the trailer about an inch using the electric jacks on the trailer. Made for a simple way to unload the suspension for a couple of minutes
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt&Dana View Post
    Just checked my 2018 303 with a build date of 4/2017. Wet bolts but all Lippert components. There was grease on the zerks but I couldn’t see any old grease come out ahead of the new. Had 2 that wouldn’t take grease until I raised the rear of the trailer about an inch using the electric jacks on the trailer. Made for a simple way to unload the suspension for a couple of minutes
    Same with my 2018 27RL, ALSO April 2017 build date. Wet bolts all took several pumps of grease

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    As GDRV models move forward, they frequently make changes to components used in their units. Starting at the beginning of September 2017, all Grand Design units had major suspension component changes. The primary change was switching from Lippert axles and related components to Dexter products. I've been talking to folks at GD to try and thoroughly understand the changes so we can advise members of the forum when problems arise and to discuss maintenance. In order to thoroughly understand the changes, I'd like to get feedback from any new owners to complete the chart below:

Here's what I need to finish the chart which I'll post in the Reference Library:

Imagine - What equalizer is used?
    All Units - What are the equalizer and spring hanger bushings? Bronze, plastic, other?
    All Units - Where are the Zerk fittings locate if any? I know on the new Dexter E-Z Flex equalizer, there are supposed to be two zerk fittings at the top of the equalizer for lubricating the top bolt. However, are there wet bolts on the shackles also? And are there wet bolts at the spring hangers?

Thanks.

Jim
    Hi Jim:

Not sure if you are continuing with this chart but I have a 2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE and I have added the following for your chart:

Brand: Imagine XLS
    Axle: Dexter 3K
    Springs: Dexter
    Equalizer: Dexter 013-122-02
    Shackles: Dexter
    Equalizer Bushing: Nylon
    Spring Hanger Bushing: Nylon
    Wet Bolts Equalizer: Dry
    Wet bolts Spring Hanger: Dry
    "Every Day Is A Good Day"

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE
    2017 Nissan NV3500 Van 5.6L V8 and decked out to tow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910