Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gas Gauge In 2018 Momentum 381

Who can help? Looks like GD only have me one switch for my fuel tanks. It’s a single momentary switch hooked up to the rear fill spout at the station. Does anyone know which tank is which? And how in the world do I know how much fuel is in the front spout?

I would add a photo but this thing is not allowing me...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you are using the switch correctly? On mine if I toggle the switch to the left it shows fuel on the left gage which is the forward tank for the generator, if i toggle the switch right it shows fuel on the right gage which is for the aft tank that has the fuel nozzle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would add a photo but this thing is not allowing me...[/QUOTE]

Hi Scott. Looking at your signature, you need to be a Site Sponsor, to be able to post pictures. It is 12 dollars a year . No popups or adds.
    Hope this helps you.
    Safe travels to all
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks FT4NOW. Yes, I am using the switch correctly. I am familiar with the type of switch you are talking about. My buddy’s TH has that switch. My switch is only momentary to the right and defaults back to the left with no read out.

I’d.love to show you a pick but I’m not going to be a site sponsor just yet. No disrespect, but I have not found this form worthy of my money yet.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottABrad View Post
    Thanks FT4NOW. Yes, I am using the switch correctly. I am familiar with the type of switch you are talking about. My buddy’s TH has that switch. My switch is only momentary to the right and defaults back to the left with no read out.

I’d.love to show you a pick but I’m not going to be a site sponsor just yet. No disrespect, but I have not found this form worthy of my money yet.
    Without a picture, based on what you are describing, if you have 2 gages, it sounds like the wrong switch was installed. Assuming they did install the level detector in the tank, and you are familiar with basic wiring work, you can call GD and ask them to send you the correct switch and swap it out. I would avoid going to the dealer for that if you have the option.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottABrad View Post
    It will be the best $12 you ever spent. No ads and very nice and helpful peeps!

Something definitely does not sound right with your switch setup.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Without a picture, based on what you are describing, if you have 2 gages, it sounds like the wrong switch was installed. Assuming they did install the level detector in the tank, and you are familiar with basic wiring work, you can call GD and ask them to send you the correct switch and swap it out. I would avoid going to the dealer for that if you have the option.

That’s what I thought. I called grand design this morning and spoke with Ray. It appears for the new dual tank set ups that if there is 12 V power the gauge will always relay the generator tank. With the switch flipped it will then read the fuel station tank. Reinstruct with me to remove the back panel of the switch to see if they forgot to plug it into the gauge. Unfortunately it appears that the system is a sealed box system with rivets. There is no access to the back of a gauge with a sticker on the box that states do not tamper with warranty will be void.
    Ray instructed me to remove the back panel of the switch to see if they forgot to plug it into the gauge. Unfortunately it appears that the system is a sealed box system with rivets. There is no access to the back of the gauge with the sticker on the box that states do not tamper with warranty will be void.

I definitely try to avoid the dealer at all costs. They seem to do more harm than good most the time. I will let everyone know what transpires in case this comes up again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a brand new 2018 388 and the gauge outside is for the spare tank/fuel pumping tank, the gauge for the generator tank is accessed through the "My RV" One Control inside the coach. So if you have the automated system this is most likely how it is setup.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmiller639 View Post
    I have a brand new 2018 388 and the gauge outside is for the spare tank/fuel pumping tank, the gauge for the generator tank is accessed through the "My RV" One Control inside the coach. So if you have the automated system this is most likely how it is setup.
    Thanks Markmiller! I just checked and there is nowhere on my One Control that shows gas levels. In Momitor Panel all I have is:
    Black Tank
    Black Tank 2
    Fresh Tank
    Gray Tank
    Gray Tank 2 (odd because there is only one gray valve)

And there is nothing on generator except for maintenance and on/off.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grey 2 could be the fuel and mislabeled. You can goto LCI site for programming instructions. Also, remove the false wall in basement, look at the control module for the level indicators and see if the fuel inputs are hooked up. This will give you an idea whats going on.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast