Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 303 attwood furnace repair, ignition failure

We have an early model Reflection without the furnace service door access. We experienced a failure to ignite. That is the thermostat would call for heat, the fan would start and you would not hear the ignition click and the fan would stop. The furnace has an electronic control board (of course it does) that has an LED that will blink a trouble code but you can't see it without moving the furnace away from the left wall. The attached file is how we accessed the furnace and did get it working.

Dave and Kay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Attwood Furnace Repair, Ignition Failure.pdf  

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave & Kay,

Thanks very much for this! I expect that I will be following your detailed guidance one day .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great documentation. Glad you got it going.
    I had an issue with mine that was found on PDI by dealer. The tech wasn't happy crawling in the basement to remove the furnace.
    A stupid idea....installing a furnace with virtually no access!! You can't see it, clean it, check it, etc. STUPID! The new rigs have a door.... much better.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice write up Kay, I hope if or when our furnace fails we'll be camping near someone who has done this repair already. Our arms don't stretch as far as Daves
    You might want to post this in the reference library too https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...erence-Library
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thank you, Dave and Kay for sharing the document and pictures.......well done !

Ours is also a 10/13 build. I wonder how hard it would be to replace the furnace with and exterior access version installed on the newer years units......if all "plug and play" where ducting/wiring match, the cutting of the hole in the RV wall would be measure twice (maybe three or more times) and cut once for sure !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan I considered the same approach when mine fails but I haven't figured out where the aluminum structure is in the laminated wall, don't want to cut one of them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think WhittleBurner asked about this at the rally this year and the answer was that there wasn’t the support you’d need to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Yes, thank you, Dave and Kay for sharing the document and pictures.......well done !

Ours is also a 10/13 build. I wonder how hard it would be to replace the furnace with and exterior access version installed on the newer years units......if all "plug and play" where ducting/wiring match, the cutting of the hole in the RV wall would be measure twice (maybe three or more times) and cut once for sure !

Dan
    I have asked my contacts at GDRV for specific info on anything they changed in the build structure when they went to the external access furnace. I will post this when I learn the details. I am also wondering if the early furnace might be located further inboard because it is behind a 1 1/2" wall rather than flush to a external door like the later furnaces?

Another alternative that I am considering is installing a door (like the propane locker door) that would completely encompass the existing furnace. Removing the small exhaust port and then opening the door should give access to everything including opening the end panel to access the diagnostics and parts shown in Dave & Kay's pictures, or complete furnace removal through this new door.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I have asked my contacts at GDRV for specific info on anything they changed in the build structure when they went to the external access furnace. I will post this when I learn the details. I am also wondering if the early furnace might be located further inboard because it is behind a 1 1/2" wall rather than flush to a external door like the later furnaces?

Another alternative that I am considering is installing a door (like the propane locker door) that would completely encompass the existing furnace. Removing the small exhaust port and then opening the door should give access to everything including opening the end panel to access the diagnostics and parts shown in Dave & Kay's pictures, or complete furnace removal through this new door.

Rob
    Thanks, as always, Rob !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob,
    I had talked to you at the rally this summer about having my left side wall replaced due to delamination. I am having it done next spring. In reading this issue with no access to the furnace I am wondering if I could have a new style wall installed with the access panel on my 2015 303. I am going to ask JR about this before i drop it off for the repair. It would be a nice upgrade.
    Paul & Debbie
    2015 303RLS. #679 16” tires 2” lift
    2018 F350 SRW CCSB 4x4 6.7 Diesel 3.55 B&W Std Hitch

Sold 5/18. 2005 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab short bed Duramax,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast