Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesmainship View Post
    Very good writeup, Jim! With the TT, my main complaint was Hitching and unhitching. I hated dealing with the WD hitch and would be soaking wet with sweat by the time I got the WD bars cinched up. The TT things I like; no stairs inside, easier to back, and easier to clean the outside. With the 5th wheel, hitching and unhitching are easier and quicker. We love the auto leveling, but i never minded leveling the TT. We love the bedroom setup on the Solitude 384GK. Things I dislike about the fiver, it's too big, takes forever to wash and wax. We have to diligently check our route for low bridges and overpasses. I don't like the stairs inside and i know I'm eventually gonna tumble down them.

If GD ever makes a Solitude TT with a good bedroom setup, I'll be the first in line to get one. Now with the F350 DRW, I don't need the WD hitch anymore, so that's a non-issue.
    A fellow camping friend. Fell off his top step of his 5th wheel. He ended up with a separated shoulder surgery and loss of use of his arm for 4 months. He is getting some movement back finally.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm 6'5'' so advantage FW. There's not a TT made that I feel comfortable in. An arched ceiling with 5" above my head isn't going to help much.
    I can reach 8 foot ceilings with my hand so having the FW height is super nice and the 220RK isn't even 27' long, so it's still smaller and lighter than a lot of TT.
    Bonuses for us are way more storage than a 27' TT and I can hookup and disconnect much much faster.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I'm 6'5'' so advantage FW. There's not a TT made that I feel comfortable in. An arched ceiling with 5" above my head isn't going to help much.
    I can reach 8 foot ceilings with my hand so having the FW height is super nice and the 220RK isn't even 27' long, so it's still smaller and lighter than a lot of TT.
    Bonuses for us are way more storage than a 27' TT and I can hookup and disconnect much much faster.
    One of our groomsmen from many years ago is also about 6'5" and Ron has shared that a fiver wins the height item hands down. Most time when in the fiver and awake is spent in the living/kitchen area. A relatively small % of time is spent standing in the fiver bedroom/bathroom areas. Ron and his wife bought a 2018 337 Reflection in August.

Other tall folks we know who have toured our fiver and/or have owned a TT and fiver echo Ron's and DMB feedback.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previously owned a Reflection 313 TT, and now a Reflection 337 5er. Virtually identical floor plans, with the TT being 38’ and the fiver at 35’. Had a Propride hitch on TT so towed similar to fiver ...no sway. Like the fiver better for size and room. Liked the TT for truck bed room and easier to back. Fiver way easier to hitch and unhitch. More storage in fiver. Overall prefer the fiver.
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a hard decision when we bought our 303 as we considered not only the 337, but, going back to a TT also. I just like the hitching so much better, and the storage isn’t even close! This is why we stayed with the FW instead. I can honestly still get quite a bit of stuff in my bed also with proper loading and paying attention not to get anything above the bed rails and obstruct the pigtail and EBrake cable. Though I too admit the backing is easier with the TT and I sometimes miss having the full bed. I’ve gotten much better backing now and I am very profecient at it 90 percent of the time. But the first year or so was embarrassing! And for me the learning curve wasn’t the difference in dynamics, but the much more limited view with that big nose cap in my back window I was used to looking out of.
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12