Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lance owners looking at GD

Hello. We are Lance TT owners looking for a sturdier travel trailer. We have checked out Arctic Fox, Outdoors RV, Rockwood, and others--along with now, the Grand Design Imagine 2500RL. We are limited to 30 ft, and 8' width (leaves out the Arctic Fox). We like the rear living, floor level dinette (Lance has a considerable step up into the dinette), and a roomier separate bedroom. The only Outdoors RV that fits our needs has a claustrophobic feeling bedroom, and the Rockwood with the rear living area has no room for decent chairs. Also, a fifth wheel (we love the Reflection 230) won't fit under the eaves of our house where we park our trailer. Which leaves the GD 2500RL. Therefore, we would to hear from other 2500RL owners regarding their experience. Thank you! BY the way, our tow vehicle is a 2016 Ford F-150 Super Crew Lariat (6.5' bed), 3.5EB engine, with the max tow package.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2500RL in October. It’s our first RV. We love it! Have taken it out several times and have been very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L w/B&W Companion Hitch
    2021 Solitude-S 2930-RL-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Just the type of info I am looking for. And the fact that you tow it with an F-150.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance owners looking at GD

When I first saw the subject of this post, I thought that maybe the corporate owners of the Lance corporation were looking to buy the GD product line, but then Winnebago already did that.

Best of luck to you in your purchase.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have no problem selling your Lance. They is a very aggressive market for anything Lance. Having been to the factory and seeing the build quality compared to many manufacturers on the market there are few other trailers that match Lance IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inside, I know you have a Lance. Do you also have a GD product? If so, how would you rate the two?
    2016 Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew, 3.5 EB engine, Max tow Pkg.
    2016.5 Lance 2285
    Sonoma Co Ca.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gscott View Post
    Inside, I know you have a Lance. Do you also have a GD product? If so, how would you rate the two?
    Of course you do...you're on the same Lance forum that I am. That being said, there is a plethora of research out there from multiple sources on each of the trailers. I'm sure you'll come up with something that meets your needs. When it comes to RV's of any kind I believe in "to each their own." Having visited the Lance factory in person and witnessed how their trailers are built my wife and I are extremely satisfied with our purchase. No one in the industry makes a "perfect" rolling earthquake and Lance and Grand Design are no exception. I know several happy Lance customers and several happy Grand Design owners. The reason we didn't go with Grand Design is the three guys that used to own it made a big propaganda piece about how they wanted to do something in the RV industry that hadn't been done before which was to not only build and exceptional travel trailer but provide lifelong superior customer service to their end users. Then, they went and sold the company to Winnebago and filled their pockets with money. Some GD owners felt betrayed by this. Some embraced it. Again, "to each their own." Happy researching!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like the Lance as well. But our side wall developed a bubble on the outside with an accompanying "wrinkle" on the inside wall. I took pictures and Lance will take care of it under their warranty. That and the fact that we never have been happy with the step-up dinette or the seating arrangement for TV watching. We are also looking at Outdoors RV which seems to have some serious QC issues. So far, Grand Design folks seem to be happy with the product--even more so than Lance owners.
    2016 Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew, 3.5 EB engine, Max tow Pkg.
    2016.5 Lance 2285
    Sonoma Co Ca.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am certainly not here to tell you not to get a GD product. They are a solid company and build a solid product. That said, I had a TT and seriously looked at the Lance TT at the time. It is also a very solid product.

All that to say, if GD has a floor plan that works for you, I would heartily recommend a GD product to anyone. However, if you are switching for a "sturdier" TT (I assume that means higher quality), in my opinion, you will be moving to a product of comparable quality. Not a knock on GD, but recognizing that Lance makes a solid unit.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gscott View Post
    We like the Lance as well. But our side wall developed a bubble on the outside with an accompanying "wrinkle" on the inside wall. I took pictures and Lance will take care of it under their warranty. That and the fact that we never have been happy with the step-up dinette or the seating arrangement for TV watching. We are also looking at Outdoors RV which seems to have some serious QC issues. So far, Grand Design folks seem to be happy with the product--even more so than Lance owners.
    Sorry to hear about the side bubble. The fact is that humans put these things together and if someone is having a bad day on any manufacturing line a problem can surface. That's a first for me regarding Lance and something I haven't seen show up on several forums that mention Lance trailers. As usual, Lance comes through with flying colors when it comes to customer service and it appears as though they have done so in your case. Once Lance fixes her up she'll be like new and should any further issues crop up, God forbid, Lance will address it until it's right. You are in good hands. I have no idea what the Grand Design warranty is with regards to an issue like a side bubble. I'm not sure how to compare "happy" data with others as I've never taken the time to log statitics that were quantitative and measurable from Lance and Grand Design so I couldn't compare fairly. As far as a true "four seasons" certified campers or travel trailers I put Lance at the top with a few other manufacturers some of which you have mentioned. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast