Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Lance trailer before our Reflection. While I feel GD makes a nice trailer, I don't believe it will be an upgrade in terms of "sturdiness". I consider Lance a premium brand, I still look at them when I visit the dealer. Like all others, they seem to get nicer as the years roll on. They are marketed to the lightweight segment of the towable market. I don't know which model Lance you have but I don't believe they make a trailer the size of the 2500RL. If that is the floorplan that works for you, then it is up to you to decide. I just don't feel it will be and upgrade in quality. Both are nice, Lance has very good fit and finish.
    Bob & Pam
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    2016 Chevrolet Duramax 3500HD 4X4 CC SB SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify our feelings about Lance. We love the Lance--with a few exceptions:
    The step-up dinette
    The lack of straight-on TV viewing
    The small bathroom (on our model 2285)
    Noisy non-ducted A/C
    The good things:
    Great frameless windows
    Solid, well put together, light weight, lots of storage (including a nice full wardrobe)
    And we've spent a lot of time and $$ modifying it to fit our needs.

The reason we are looking (other than the floorpan issues mentioned above) is a bubble has formed on the side of the trailer with an accompanying wrinkle in the interior wall paper. I fear it's from a tweaking of the frame. Their frames are lightweight and I don't want it too re-occurr. On the generation right after ours, the frames have been beefed up, so the Lance should be, and rightfully so, rated with the best.
    2016 Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew, 3.5 EB engine, Max tow Pkg.
    2016.5 Lance 2285
    Sonoma Co Ca.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The salesman at Lazy Days Tucson showed us several Lance travel trailers when we went to look at the GD Imagine. He considered the Lance the top-of-the line in travel trailers (not counting Air Stream which I don't care for anyway). While the Lance construction seemed nice, they only build smaller floorplans, and if I recall correctly, they all had short queen beds, which is a no-go for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't own a travel trailer, never have, but I would not buy any trailer from any other company than Grand Design...I say this simply because of the quality and the Customer Service..John
    John & Carol Souza
    Happily Retired and currently living in Cottonwood, Northern California
    2015 Solitude 368RD
    2010 RAM 3500 DIESEL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    The salesman at Lazy Days Tucson showed us several Lance travel trailers when we went to look at the GD Imagine. He considered the Lance the top-of-the line in travel trailers (not counting Air Stream which I don't care for anyway). While the Lance construction seemed nice, they only build smaller floorplans, and if I recall correctly, they all had short queen beds, which is a no-go for me.
    Actually, the one thing we liked about the Lance we bought (2285--27 ft) was the bed and separate bedroom. The bed is a full walk-around 80" queen. That was also one of our criterion. About half of their floorpans, however (because they are small), have sideways beds. That wouldn't have worked.

I agree they are well-made and solidly put together. Our original reason to buy the Lance was it's small size, light weight tow (at the time we bought, we were planning to tow with a Toyota Sequoia), and well thought out floor plan. However now, we are looking for a trailer that is as well made as the Lance (but with a heavier frame) with a bit more room.
    2016 Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew, 3.5 EB engine, Max tow Pkg.
    2016.5 Lance 2285
    Sonoma Co Ca.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12