User Tag List

View Poll Results: Favorite Mouse Repellent?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peppermint Oil

8 13.56%
  • Dryer Sheets

19 32.20%
  • Other home remedy

1 1.69%
  • Commercial non-electronic Repellent

3 5.08%
  • Commercial electronic Repellent

4 6.78%
  • Other commercial remedy

7 11.86%
  • I don’t have problems with mice in my RV

17 28.81%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your go to mouse repellent

Wondering what everyone uses. I've been reading a lot online and while I haven't had a lot of issues, I would like to prevent them altogether.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was going to be peppermint oil but after putting cotton balls in dish soaked with it and mice stole the cotton balls. Then we had mouse eat two packs of cayenne pepper. Tried dry sheets but still finding droppings. Revert to the old fashion snap traps. We did go out to storage one evening after dark and turned all the lights on in the coach and crawled around under the coach and found quite few places that mice could get thought. A mouse can get thru hole the size of dime. Steel wool and some spray foam sealant took care of the holes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend tried to use sticky pads but mouse pulled one onto the carpet and ruined a section of his carpet.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best offense is a good defense. do your best to ban entry to the unit. I use copper mesh https://www.amazon.com/Stuf-Fit-Copp.../dp/B0001IMLTY
    Doesn't rust and make a mess like steel wool. If there are large openings I will use the copper mesh in conjunction with expanding foam. The little buggers might chew at the foam but won't get past the mesh.
    We also remove any food items that may give them something to smell and go after.
    Upon inspecting the underside of the trailer I found several spots where mice could get in. A couple spots a small dog could get through. The bottom of the fiberglass nose cap was completely unsealed all the way across the bottom of it about 1 to 2 inches wide. At the corners I could stick my arm up there and grab insulation. All sealed off now. Luckily, I've not had any rodent problems before and I sure don't want to start.

If storing in a storage lot you could always try smearing peanut butter on your neighbor's rig.

I'm kidding!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or set up the bucket trap near the rig.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up trying to "deter" mice long ago. Instead, I just set multiple mouse traps inside the RV.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't had rodent problems in my RV's however they do visit the garage where my Corvette is stored so I keep a Rat Zapper charged, locked and loaded and catch mice on a regular basis to cut down on their population. Also had issues with a pack rat getting into the air intake of my F-550 building nests and mice. Used the Rat Zapper and dealt with that issue also. Along with multiple regular mouse traps around the engine bay for a few days took care of the mice. Peanut butter and cheese as bait. I finally made a custom screen out of some wire mesh screen and placed it at the air entrance to the engine air intake to close the condo entrance to my air intake. While doing it a mouse came out from the fire wall and wanted to watch me fabricate.

In 2014 we bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Within 3 months the mice had half the foam insulation/sound proofing from the underside of the plastic engine cover torn off and gone. Unfortunately our 2 cats are indoor only due to all the predators around here. Eagles, Big Owls, Coyote's etc.
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best mouse/repellent you can buy. Can be obtained free from many different sources.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat-3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	10547
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily I keep my trailer at our farm where the barn cats seem to take care of that problem --- now, about ants!!!
    Jack
    Jack & Linda
    Fancy & Dobbie (Aussies)
    Millsboro, DE
    2015 27RL Reflection
    Retired from Corporate life

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decon inside and outside of the rig. Glue traps suck. JMHO
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast