Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD 303 Reflection

New owner of a 2018 Reflection 303. PDI Saturday. Only one item needing attention. Wood on Dometic Refrig needed touch up. Other than that, nothing seen, etc. Repair completed in 5 minutes by the dealer service tech.
    Left the trailer at the dealer do to weather over the weekend, as they left it inside ( rain, snow, fog. Good ole Michigan). Picking up tomorrow, Monday for the journey home.
    We ordered this Oct 9th, as we wanted the tables & chairs, and the second AC unit in the fifth.
    Looking forward to the GD Forum, as I have been watching, and just went to site sponsor.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats great. I just traded my Reflection 2017 29rls in for a 2018 303. Got it a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be able to take it out in a few weeks. I haven't been on here in a while. I was a Sponsor, but must have expired. Only my regular password works. I can't remember the benefits as a Sponsor. Maybe you can remind me. I can't seem to find the explanation.

Thanks
    Lance

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the 303!
    Just curious - what prompted the change from the 29RS to the 303RLS? They appear to be very similar in size and amenities.

As a registered guest I think you are limited on areas you can post and you're unable to post photos. I get a lot of info and entertainment here for a buck a month!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was nothing wrong with the 29RLS. The wife saw the 303's pantry and 2 door refrigerator and fell in love with it. I saw the awning on the slideout, which the 29rls doesn't have. I had gone to a few places to see if one could be installed and was told "No" because of the refrigerator vent and something else. The 303 is little then 2 feet longer. The entry door is a little wider and it has the opposite side window in the bedroom and the oven is upgraded.. I know it seems like a waste of money but I'm glade we made the trade.

Lance

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iglogowsky. Your comments above is also why we went to the 303 model. I would been happy with the 29, but my wife said the Pantry was a must have. 2 door refrig. At least with the slide in, you can open one side to pack. Another reason for the 303. Just waiting on spring now to enjoy the unit.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iglogowsky, making your wife happy is not a waste of money. RVing is supposed to be enjoyable. I was just curious what features prompted you to make the change. Your reasons make sense to me.

The 303 is a great trailer. Looks to me that Grand Design can't make 'em fast enough!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!!! Great fifth wheel!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping to take ours out for a few days the first week of December to St. George. After that I'll cover it up for the winter. The weather should be fine. I have a few things to do with it before hand. I removed the bedroom TV and inverter from my 29rls. I'm hoping to get them installed. The downfall about the 303 is that it doesn't have an outside kitchen or really not a kitchen but a place for a propane stove, little refrigerator and TV. We only used the outside TV once and never used the small refrigerator. I'll adapt. Tell me your experiences when you take yours out.

I also had a mishap with the 29rls the 2nd time we took it out. I scraped against a tree branch against the roof edge while backing and luckily only scraped about 3' of the rubber roofing edge. I had it repaired. I was sick over it. That camping trip wasn't much fun after that. My wife now knows to also look up while i'm backing.

I see I need to re-register for the $12 Sponsor again. Mine must have expired from last year.

Lance

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. 50 degree’s + outside today. Washed, waxed the front cap. Looks sharp.

Yes, I think we made the right decision on Grand Design. We did the factory tour before ordering.
    Added the table, chairs and the second AC unit when we ordered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast