Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    Thanks for the info. I figured with the number of folks towing with an F150 there must have been something I missed. Now I need to go back to reading the 2018 specs.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, thanks for the info. I figured I missed something since others are using an F150 to tow with. I need go back and read the 2018 specs for the F150s now.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob .... a lot of Rob's here .... lol. This one to Cate & Rob. Thanks for that post of you going over Jellico. Puts my mind to rest a bit. I've felt really good about my new Ford and what it can do. Just needed someone to confirm it. I really didn't want to get into an F250 or 350 if I didn't have to and your rig is a little heavier than mine. Thanks again and happy trails to Florida. We'll be there in January.

And to Traveldawg .... I think Rob covered most of your concerns about the new F150. With the new EcoBoost and the 10 spd trans the torque is amazing.

And to Rob (Second Chance) .... will look at how much time we have between the cruise and our annual visit to Florida for a month.

And to all ..... Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the new f150s have more payload than some 250s, especially 250s with a diesel. My f250 v10 is good for 2800 lbs. I have pulled my 5th wheels up and down fancy gap many times. Gas engines are amazing for engine breaking on the way down and easily will keep you at 50 mph on the way up with today's horsepower ratings regardless of engine size. Just watch the fog there as you're obviously aware.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I've driven it many times w/o my trailer and know I-77 & I-81 well. I also know the climb up & down Fancy Gap on I-77 and again up I-81 over Hazelton. It now concerns me taking my 5th wheel over those climbs.
    I pull a 29 TT over both multiple times with a similar spec truck with no problem at all. Only thing that frustrates me is when I loose all my momentum, I can easily climb the hills without struggling at 65. Going back down, the wind resistance is enough my engine brake may not kick in, I normally have to force it to kick in.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input Spare Tire. With all of the response I have received .... I'm going for it !! lol.
    And, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all the responders. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12