User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

model #40fhde3010 TCL for refledton 307mks

the tv broke the first time it was used color control and sound could not control took back to camplandrv waiting now over 23 days anyone have a idea what is waiting time? brand new rv

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. Excessive waiting times in dealer service departments seem to be the norm. It is frequently talked about on RV forums and is not brand specific. Here's how I'd approach it:

1. Call your dealer's service department and see what the status is.
    2. If the dealer gives you a completion date, you're good to go.
    3. If the dealer says they are waiting on Grand Design to approve the repair/replacement. Ask them who they contacted at Grand Design.
    4. Call Grand Design customer service at 574-825-9679. Provide them with your name and the RV's VIN number. They will check their system and see if the dealer has contacted them for authorization. What we usually find is that the dealership never even requested authorization and is simply using a delaying tactic because they are too busy to take care of you.
    5. If the dealer is lying to you, I'd recommend a face to face meeting with the dealership's general management to express your displeasure.

BTW, if you call GDRV customer service for items like this, they will typically ship the new part directly to you and you can replace it yourself. I'd never turn my RV into the dealership service department for repair or replacement of simple items because I find it's much faster to do it myself.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks a lot i'm new to this type of treatment after spending$$$

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I contacted GD customer service regarding a TV issue they authorized me to purchase a replacement and they would reimburse me. There was a limit, but it was enough to purchase a nice Samsung smart tv. Reimbursement took about a week.

Edit - My trailer was only a month or two old at the time.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. Excessive waiting times in dealer service departments seem to be the norm. It is frequently talked about on RV forums and is not brand specific. Here's how I'd approach it:

1. Call your dealer's service department and see what the status is.
    2. If the dealer gives you a completion date, you're good to go.
    3. If the dealer says they are waiting on Grand Design to approve the repair/replacement. Ask them who they contacted at Grand Design.
    4. Call Grand Design customer service at 574-825-9679. Provide them with your name and the RV's VIN number. They will check their system and see if the dealer has contacted them for authorization. What we usually find is that the dealership never even requested authorization and is simply using a delaying tactic because they are too busy to take care of you.
    5. If the dealer is lying to you, I'd recommend a face to face meeting with the dealership's general management to express your displeasure.

BTW, if you call GDRV customer service for items like this, they will typically ship the new part directly to you and you can replace it yourself. I'd never turn my RV into the dealership service department for repair or replacement of simple items because I find it's much faster to do it myself.

Jim
    Follow this advice above, I don't know the specifics, but it should definitively not take that long.