User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New mod (working on) Sound bar

Had been looking for a couple months, seeing what I liked. Samsung was a strong contender. I really wanted a 5.1 system and ended up looking at the Vizio Smart cast system. The SB4051 fit the bill! The sub is a low profile unit that can lay flat and go under a couch (at home, not rv). It can also stand on end with attachable feet. I located it behind the theater seating and plenty of room. Savings at Best Buy is 180 off.so price is $249. They couldn't get the display set up so I asked for another discount, got for 229!

This bar is 40" wide and easily fits on the 45" ledge. The bar is only 2" square, not the 3" 2.1 channel bar.

Satallite speakers 2" square x 5.5" high. Only messed with it quickly last night. Initial sound was pretty good, much better then the stock TV speakers or ceiling speakers!

Just a heads up for those wanting to upgrade.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our LG 2.1 soundbar with wireless sub was night-and-day better than the crap they install in the ceiling. My test is always the opening scene of the original Star Wars, in MKV. We replaced the TV with a 32" Samsung, on an articulating arm, and attached the soundbar to the arm, so it's always facing the same direction as the TV. The setup works great and more than fills that small space. The wife worries sometimes that we are wrecking the calm in the forest. She's probably right, especially when we watch Boondock Saints.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030
    WeBoost 4G-M cell booster, DirecTV portable

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Had been looking for a couple months, seeing what I liked. Samsung was a strong contender. I really wanted a 5.1 system and ended up looking at the Vizio Smart cast system. The SB4051 fit the bill! The sub is a low profile unit that can lay flat and go under a couch (at home, not rv). It can also stand on end with attachable feet. I located it behind the theater seating and plenty of room. Savings at Best Buy is 180 off.so price is $249. They couldn't get the display set up so I asked for another discount, got for 229!

This bar is 40" wide and easily fits on the 45" ledge. The bar is only 2" square, not the 3" 2.1 channel bar.

Satallite speakers 2" square x 5.5" high. Only messed with it quickly last night. Initial sound was pretty good, much better then the stock TV speakers or ceiling speakers!

Just a heads up for those wanting to upgrade.
    Can you post some pictures of the install? Getting a soundbar in my 328M in a way that was pleasing to me was quite a feat, but now that it's done I couldn't be happier with the results.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trueweb View Post
    Can you post some pictures of the install? Getting a soundbar in my 328M in a way that was pleasing to me was quite a feat, but now that it's done I couldn't be happier with the results.
    don't mind the wires near the sub, still getting it all straightened out. Sounds freakin awesome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vizio soundbar.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	10570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vizio surround speakers.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	10571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vizio Subwoofer.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	10572
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a 2.1 system as well for our 315RLTS. Trying to find speakers small enough is nearly impossible. Do you have the model number for your system and how did you attach the sound bar to the arm?

Thanks in advance,
    G and J
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sound bar is 2" x 2" x 40" sits on the shelf. The rear satellite speakers are 2" square by 5.5" high.

Vizio sound cast series SB4051

The sub can lay flat or has legs to stand upright. I paid 229.00 for it before black friday.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G and J View Post
    I am looking for a 2.1 system as well for our 315RLTS. Trying to find speakers small enough is nearly impossible. Do you have the model number for your system and how did you attach the sound bar to the arm?

Thanks in advance,
    Here is a pic of the setup, but not of the mount:

Name:	boys-watch-tv-web.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	10769

I attached a small piece of wood that bolted to the artiulating TV arm, and the mounting bracket for the soundbar, making them swivel together. It wasn't all that clever, but it got the job done.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofliberty View Post
    Here is a pic of the setup, but not of the mount:

Name:	boys-watch-tv-web.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	10769

I attached a small piece of wood that bolted to the artiulating TV arm, and the mounting bracket for the soundbar, making them swivel together. It wasn't all that clever, but it got the job done.
    Nice. The dogs seem to be enjoying it!!!
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    Nice. The dogs seem to be enjoying it!!!
    They do. The one sitting in front of the TV is Romeo, and he's a video junkie, especially if animals are on the screen.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofliberty View Post
    Our LG 2.1 soundbar with wireless sub was night-and-day better than the crap they install in the ceiling. My test is always the opening scene of the original Star Wars, in MKV. We replaced the TV with a 32" Samsung, on an articulating arm, and attached the soundbar to the arm, so it's always facing the same direction as the TV. The setup works great and more than fills that small space. The wife worries sometimes that we are wrecking the calm in the forest. She's probably right, especially when we watch Boondock Saints.
    Heard how good those LG 2.1 soundbars were. We will just finish the installation of the new set of tires, moto metal 970 wheels, and the brake job on the current truck project. Wifey likes the loud but quality sound system your combination seems a good one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast