Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection TT which one

Looking to buy a 315RLTS or 297RSTS. anyone with one of these. I like the 315 for the layout and large refer but it's 38' is long, the 297 is ok but it has a outdoor kitchen which I am not a fan of an smaller refer

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have a 297 and spend 3-4 months a year in it. It works perfectly for two of us. Do you have any specific questions about either unit?

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 315RLTS and are glad we got it. The length is what it is. Most sites have some space behind the pad, we just hang the rear over that. I haven't been anywhere I couldn't get into yet. I have seen site that have a picnic table bolted down right behind the curb, those are out. Tows like any other trailer, it all stays behind the truck. The Blue Ox hitch keeps sway at bay, haven't had any. Trailer is nose heavy, expect 1400+ lbs hitch weight fully loaded. This trailer is NOT 1/2 ton towable.

We had a 315RLTS and a 297RSTS side by side for comparison, spent about 8 hours going back and forth trying to decide. Ultimately a few things tipped us to the 315.
    1. We prefer the windows to the curb side looking out on our site instead of the neighbors.

2. The bedroom was a biggie. Unparalleled storage, plenty of room for 2 people to get dressed at the same time. We like the E/W bed orientation. Like you, I'm not keen on the outdoor kitchen, especially if it blocks my view out to my site.

3. 118 gal grey water capacity is nice. We camp frequently with no sewer hookup and grey water was always a limiting factor in the past. To use it you have to install a Valterra valve on the sewer outlet and open the grey tanks.

The 315 is 4 ft longer than the 297. I decided the gain inside was worth the length. I've been very happy with that decision. The 297 is 1000 lbs less weight and costs less, two important factors. In the end, floor plan won out.
    This in no way is a bash on the 297. We very nearly chose this trailer. After 8 hours of comparison it took us another week to make the final decision. They are both beautiful rigs.

P.S. We also had the 303 fifth wheel nearby to compare to and was in the running.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am coming from a 34' FW that was set up like the 297 (without the outside kitchen and tv) and had the kitchen as I call it on the wrong side I love the windows on the camp side, And to get a King Bed is a huge plus. I am a bit concerned with the length. I am going to get a rear camera for it my help a little. Are the dual pane windows worth it or not? Forgot to add what do you all think of the tires I never heard of Westlake I see they are China made. I have a F250 diesel to tow this so that is not an issue
    Last edited by colo native; 11-22-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a Reflection, 312 BH and Love, Love it. Has outside kitchen and the bunk room we have grandkids and their parents that camp with us a lot. Still have plenty of room in the living area and galley area. Agree with the other post not for a half ton truck, mine is 10,000 lbs and tongue weight is 1,000 lbs but I think it’s more even unloaded. But tows like a dream behind my F-250 Diesel, with the Blue-Ox tow system. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I am coming from a 34' FW that was set up like the 297 (without the outside kitchen and tv) and had the kitchen as I call it on the wrong side I love the windows on the camp side, And to get a King Bed is a huge plus. I am a bit concerned with the length. I am going to get a rear camera for it my help a little. Are the dual pane windows worth it or not? Forgot to add what do you all think of the tires I never heard of Westlake I see they are China made. I have a F250 diesel to tow this so that is not an issue
    LOL - You are opening a real can of worms with those questions. They are heavily debated in other threads in the forum. Here's my take. I'm sure other will argue the other side of the coin:

Dual Pane Windows - If you frequently camp when it is below freezing - Yes. If not - No. As I see it, their primary benefit is to reduce condensation on the windows, but they won't eliminate it.
    Westlake Tires - I won't run with them. Had extensive damage in the past.

Jim

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The larger 4 door refrigerator are not without their problems. We had one on the Winnebago Class A MH we just sold. The defrost heaters use a lot of DC batter power to operate, so that causes battery drain issues. I don't think it cooled as well at the 8' Dometic we have now. Most of the difference between the 297 and the 315 is in the bedroom I believe. I'm ok with the 297 layout, although we've only spent two nights in it so far. That's changing this weekend.

Expect a very significant hitch weight with the 315.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is the 313 RLTS. The 315RLTS has some nice upgrades but not any I would run out and swap for. We are very happy with the room, layout, towing etc with it. We neither have had a problem getting into a site. Although, in the White Mountain National Forrest in Maine a couple of years ago, I was about ready to say, I can't get in there. But another few minutes proved me wrong. If I could have cut down one small tree, would have been a piece of cake. lol
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have the 313RLTS. We were looking at the 315 but the 313 fell into our lap and we couldn't turn it down. The 313 and the 315 are nearly identical in all aspects. For us the big thing was the ability to have a king size bed, and separate W/D hookups.

It tows very well, and once you get used to the length it's very maneuverable. SO MUCH STORAGE SPACE!
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW