Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbies to RV'ing and purchased a 337RLS

We purchased a 2018 337RLS to be our first ever camping experience...... What were we thinking! This fifth wheel is BIG!! We also purchased an F350 dually to tow it (trying to be safe!) so I am Really hoping that we will love this new chapter of life! Comfortable with towing and backing a boat, so getting it home was pretty easy. However our troubles came with trying to level it in our level driveway. We tried it 2 times, moved it a bit and tried again but never got it level. Work on it again tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestions to help these newbies, we would appreciate any ideas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can't help you with the auto-level but we have had our 337 for 3 years now and absolutely love it. We've pulled it nearly 40,000 miles and can't wait to get back in it.

Excellent choice of trucks. It seems the norm for folks to get a 3/4 ton and think it's a perfect match but, as you said, these are not small (or light) trailers.

Welcome to the forum. There's a lot to learn here. I might suggest you consider becoming a site sponsor for $12 a year so you have all full access.

Congrats again!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club. We moved up from a 30' fiver and the 337 seems twice the size.

My technique is just never look in the mirrors. <G> If the truck fits, the fiver seems to follow.

What's the problem leveling? I've learned to put on my readers and follow the instructions line by line - takes longer than just holding down the switch for the front landing gear, but I guess that's progress.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you are asking, is the auto level not leveling properly? I had to re-zero my auto level when i brought my 337 home. Manually leveled with a 24" level in the center of the living room area, verified at the stove top and then re zeroed the controller. Love our 337, especially the auto level!
    Happy Camping ,
    T

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes more information on you auto leveling issues will be helpful. I assume you have the Ground Control 3.0. Also will help to know what message you are getting when the system quits leveling. One thing I learned is that the auto leveling system is not well suited for significant slopes, rugged terrain, etc. If your driveway has a slope to it that is likely the issue that one or more of your jacks is “out of stroke” meaning it has reached it’s mechanical limits. I keep plenty of 2x8 boards to use for dunnage under the jacks when the ground is low and I see that the jacks will need to go fairly high. I also check side to side first and keep a variety of boards I can drive the low side of the camper on to better level prior to beginning the auto level process. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front to back is 5 degrees maximum. Then it strokes out. I had problems with that until I figured it out. Use control panel to tell you the degrees (if that's your problem).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Front to back is 5 degrees maximum. Then it strokes out. I had problems with that until I figured it out. Use control panel to tell you the degrees (if that's your problem).
    Front to back was 2.7 degrees and side to side was 2.5. It picked the back tires up probably 8 inches off cement when leveling. I suppose that is normal? We plan to do a zero reset today and see if that fixes it. Thanks for all the input.... I will update on our progress. THANKS and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to put leveling blocks under the feet that have to extend the most. Key is to minimize the distance the levelers will have to extend.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer told me, start off the process with the front off the unit higher that the rear. Any time I have had problems getting the auto level to work, I have turned it off and started over by raising the front of the until it was visibly higher than the rear then hit auto level. Hope this will work for you.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHOOOHOOO! We are level! We moved the trailer to a more level spot in the drive and used leveling blocks under wheels, did a manual level, did the zero reset, and then did autolevel and were successful!! THANKS so much for all who responded... So, now I am moving items into the camper for a quick trip next week! No better way to learn!