User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Dealer Review

I have heard and witnessed horror stories about dealer service. Most dealers would not survive if they had to survive via reputation.

When it came time for us to upgrade to our 300GK in August, we drove 224 miles to B & B RV in Corning, CA. to purchase it. We had had favorable feedback from other GD owners that we had meet when camping.

When we picked it up the PDI was thorough and what needed attention was dealt with quickly. We stayed in Redding that night to do our shakedown and there was nothing that we found that warranted a trip back to the dealer the next day.

Our first time out though in cold weather we discovered that the heater did not work. There was not a chance to test it when we took delivery because it was 105 degrees.

Over the first few months we found a few other minor items so we made and appointment to go back to the dealer and have the warranty work done. Robert in service said that they would do their best to get it all done in one day since we were coming from so far away. Just in case we booked two nights at a local hotel. Much to our surprise it was all completed in one day. Perfect!

I hope that any futures services go as smoothly. But so far this dealer has performed very well. We could have purchased the same unit just 10 miles away. But due to the experiences my son has had and their reputation, we chose B&B. Thank you B&B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great feedback. Thanks for the write up.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so many negative comments elsewhere about dealers, it's nice to hear of good experiences for a change. You are not the first to give B&B a good referral. Glad it worked out for you. Happy Holidays and happy camping in the future!
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We, too, have had mostly good service from our GD dealer, Johnny's RV in Mobile, AL. The owner has actually interceded when GD wanted to do something less than what he thought should be done on a warranty repair. Sometimes, the repairs do not happen as quickly as we want and other times, they will fix something while we wait. I think the huge increase in camper sales this year has put considerable pressure on selling dealers because the ramped up production at RV manufacturers has resulted in dealers receiving campers with more things wrong with them. I know, first hand, that Johnny's gets overwhelmed at times trying to get all the PDIs done on new units without pulling techs off the repair schedule. Couple that with a tightening labor market resulting in less than qualified folks potentially working on your camper. You just have to pack your patience when you go to the dealer or learn to do the work yourself. That's the bottom line.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the title of this post and noticed you live in Windsor and thought no way could you could have been impresses with our local dealer here in S.R. Then I see you bought at B&B. They did all the maintenance work at the last two NorCal rallies in Red Bluff and are really fantastic. Very professional, courteous and knowledgable. Congratulations on your new GD RV and in finding a good dealer.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that the Santa Rosa dealer is comparable to where I bought from, Happy Dayz, Sac. I had thought it was favorable also, not until later did I find out how bad they were. I had previously posted a good review for them in error, but should have waited! Onward and upward as they say, look to the future, not the past.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to put in a plug for Centennial RV in Grand Junction, CO. We have had our Solitude 375res into them and they did some fantastic work. Way beyond what we expected. I just received a delivery of two awning end covers that came off on our way south - Centennial had Grand Design send them directly to us. Can't beat the combination of a great dealer and a great Brand!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    I heard that the Santa Rosa dealer is comparable to where I bought from, Happy Dayz, Sac. I had thought it was favorable also, not until later did I find out how bad they were. I had previously posted a good review for them in error, but should have waited! Onward and upward as they say, look to the future, not the past.
    Our nearest dealer is Happy Daze in Livermore, which is affiliated with the Sacto one. Bad experience? I'd guess the Livermore location is similar. The salesman we spoke with was pretty good, but their facility didn't appear to have much in the way of garage space and equipment.

I have no problem driving to Corning/Redding to buy and for any warranty work if needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a few other good review of Livermore HD. Steve 7 here had a good experience there I believe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tigerdrvr
    my phone just deleted my other post. If you are shopping, check Trailer Hitch in
    Nipomo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast