Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finally got around to doing our second day of poking around various 25-26' TT's today. The GD is still right in the hunt, but we did get a chance to look at the Winnebago 26RBSS up close. To me, it looks like GD and Winnebago are making pretty much the same trailer. Kind of like the difference between a Chevrolet and a GMC, e.g. Is there anything to this?

The Winnie was much brighter and open feeling inside, but the GD had some aspects that we liked much better (like the finish of the inside walls). The Winnie also has significantly higher GVWR (probably higher weight rating on the axles) and uses the 8 cu ft fridge, rather than the 6 cu ft. But, the GD is quite a bit less money...

Also checked out a Jayco White Hawk 26RK. Pretty nice rig with some good touches, but the walk through bathroom design wasn't appealing to the wife (need to walk through to get to the bedroom).

We still want to walk through a Lance 2375. They were supposed to have one down in Gilroy, CA, but it had been sold and delivered. No 2375's around here until next month.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I bought our 2600RB last September, for a lot of the same reasons you like it, and we love it. Not saying that there aren't things we would change, but for the two of us it just works well. We did have a few quality issues (black water vale leaking, fresh water tank filling when city water was selected, and some trim that came loose). All, of course, were covered under warranty. None of these kept us from camping. I looked online at the two other TT you are looking at, I know it is not the same as a walk through, but the (IMO) Lance just appeared cramped. The Winnebago, looks great, as you said very similar to the GD, so that choice comes down to personal pref. My tow vehicle is a 2005 2500HD, obviously no problems pulling the trailer. It handles well. The longest trip so far has been from Dallas to Hammond La., 483 miles one way through Dallas and Baton Rouge traffic. I some times forget that the trailer is back there. Good luck with the shopping.
    Dave & Debi
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD diesel
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, good info! We really like the GD, it is really nicely laid out, looks great and the price is right. Also, agree on the Lance, particularly the bathroom layout. It is a mix of great materials and build with outdated design, I'm afraid.

I'm going to have to do some more poking around the Winnie and the GD, I think, mostly around the construction and materials. The exterior walls on the Winnie I know are more rigid, but I haven't crawled around under both of them. We also have had great luck with our Winnebago 24F Class C motorhome, so buying something (GD or Winnie) in the Winnebago family would be easy. Seems either would be a great solution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12