Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to forum, looking at the 2600RB

Hi, new to this forum.

We've had a 24' Class C Winnie for the last ten years, but are now looking at various 25-27' rear bathroom "couples" trailers. The 2600RB is at the top of the list, but there appear to be a number of options out there to consider, as the basic floor plan appears to be common. The 26' size seems to hit a good compromise between stretch out space, "towability" (current TV is a Dodge 2500 Cummins, but we may want to use an SUV of some type ultimately) and also small enough to get into NP's and State parks.

So, a couple of questions:
    Does anyone know if there will be any real changes in the 2600RB for 2019? (love to see an 8 cubic foot fridge and better shower construction...maybe lighter interior colors...but, it is pretty darn nice as is)
    Has anyone ordered to spec? How long did it take and how did pricing work? (we'd like the theatre seating and a standalone table, rather than dinette, which seems possible, but I've yet to see one in stock anywhere)
    Any other observations? Any noted changes since the Winnebago acquisition?

Other rigs we're looking at include the Winnebago 26RBSS and various products from normal sources, like Rockwood, Jayco, Keystone etc.

Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello from Indiana and welcome to the forum!

1) It is way too soon to know production changes for 2019. GD constantly does mid year modifications.

2) It will generally takes 10-12 weeks or order out a unit maybe less depending on order placement. There's a build and price feature on GD's website. Your local market and location will dictate the price.

3) no changes since Winnebago acquisition.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Makes sense it is way too early to know of '19 changes, but I was hoping.

On the part about "local market/location", I'm in Northern California. I know there's typically a shipping charge, but what other factors come into play? On a rig ordered via my local dealer, but not taken out of stock, does the normal 25% (ish) discount from MSRP still work? Finally, is it possible to order from my local (so they'll still do warranty work...yes, they're like that) and pick up at the factory to avoid the shipping cost and have a road trip?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just took delivery of our 2600 made purchase at local dealer and took what they had in stock. We were so impressed based on our needs with the unit, never thought about additional options or changes. Have the theater seats and we changed our mattress it would be fun to pick up at factory as a road trip, but the dealer goes lots of final prep work so not sure about that part.
    2018 2600rb
    2015 Ford F-250 crew cab 4x4
    Lyons, Oregon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Toyota Thundra and looking to buy a 2600. Can anyone lend a help? Will the Thundra be able to tow with any problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdrvr View Post
    Thanks! Makes sense it is way too early to know of '19 changes, but I was hoping.

On the part about "local market/location", I'm in Northern California. I know there's typically a shipping charge, but what other factors come into play? On a rig ordered via my local dealer, but not taken out of stock, does the normal 25% (ish) discount from MSRP still work? Finally, is it possible to order from my local (so they'll still do warranty work...yes, they're like that) and pick up at the factory to avoid the shipping cost and have a road trip?
    Some dealers will unfortunately charge document/title fees, prep/PDI fees, or even demo/orientation fees on top of charging you for freight/destination fee. You are not able to order and pick up units at the factory. The only way to avoid the shipping charge is to order closer to the factory.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie&Doug View Post
    We have a Toyota Thundra and looking to buy a 2600. Can anyone lend a help? Will the Thundra be able to tow with any problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tundra with a V8 should be plenty of truck.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2012 Tacoma TRD offroad and pull ours but only briefly and at 50 or below. Looking for bigger pickup right after first or year. Just too
    Light of a truck. But don’t feel I need a 3/4 ton
    2018 2600rb
    2015 Ford F-250 crew cab 4x4
    Lyons, Oregon

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if they've worked out all of the early issues with the VM Motori diesel, but I have towed a fair amount (enclosed car hauler) behind my buddy's RAM Ecodiesel 1/2 ton and was very impressed with the power, stability and mpg. The 3.5 Ecoboost F150 also works well and there's always the old standby V8's, too. The new 1/2 tons are pretty stout, in comparison to "back in the day". But, I still love my old 2005 Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton. It just works and gets great mileage while doing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2016 imagine 2600rb from our local dealer in April of 2017. We bought a used 2016 Ram 2500, 4x2, with 5.7 hemi. We are first time RV owners and are loving the trailer. Our truck tows it no problem. The 2600rb is just under 30" so we can go virtually every where. National parks. Etc. We spent a year looking for TTs,5th wheels, etc and at loads of brands. Grand Design makes a quality brand at a reasonable price. I can see why Winnebago would purchase them. I highly recommend the brand and this model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast