Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City and Fresh Water Fill

I'm new to RVing and just bought an Imagine 2018. When I got to the park, the water selector was still on fresh fill from the dealer and I connected the city water and turned it on. Started to finish setting up trailer when my son said water was coming out of the bottom of the trailer. I realized that I'd forgot to change the selector to city water. Turned the water off, changed the selector knob and turned the water back on. The water seemed to drain for a few minutes then stopped and water pressure seemed good. Just wondering if I could have damaged anything by not having the selector switch correct. Where does the water go when the city water fill is connected, but the selector switch is on fresh water???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh Water fills the internal tank with fresh water. City water is used if you are going to remain connected to an external water source. All you did was fill the freshwater tank to capacity and then some.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems reasonable but if that is the case why is there a fresh water fill on the other side of the trailer. Does the fresh water have an overflow?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to remember is they recommend not turning the switches if there is pressure in the system.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2150RB has a freshwater fill on the entry door side as well not sure why. The overflow is water you saw spilling on the ground. If you did not drain your freshwater tank you are carrying a lot of extra weight.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I turned off the water before switching the selector. Yes, I need to drain the freshwater tank....still need to read how to do that. So, you can fill the freshwater tank from both sides of the trailer. That seems odd. I wish there was a diagram of the plumbing in the owner's manual.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The following information is from the Imagine owner's manual which is located on the GDRV website.

"The fresh water tank can be pressure filled using the fresh
    water inlet or gravity filled using the gravity fill inlet. Plastic
    overflow tubes are plumbed into the fresh water holding tank
    to allow water to flow out of the water tank. Occasionally, you
    may see water coming from the overflow tubes (located underneath
    the RV) when the fresh water holding tank is filled.
    This is normal, and is caused by external circumstances,
    including the RV being parked on an incline, or the motion
    caused by starting or stopping the RV during travel."

So it appears you have two fresh water inlets. One for pressurized water from a hose, and another for gravity fill if needed.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank-you Jim! I missed that section in the manual. I'm guess that most people will fill their fresh water tanks with the pressure side connection, so I didn't do anything wrong. Just overfilled.
    I wonder the circumstances that you would actually use the gravity fed side for fresh water fill. I suppose if you only had jugs of water as your refill. Anyways, thanks again!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbus View Post
    Thank-you Jim! I missed that section in the manual. I'm guess that most people will fill their fresh water tanks with the pressure side connection, so I didn't do anything wrong. Just overfilled.
    I wonder the circumstances that you would actually use the gravity fed side for fresh water fill. I suppose if you only had jugs of water as your refill. Anyways, thanks again!
    I use the gravity fill port more than the fresh water inlet since it is on the side of the camper that is closest to my house when I have the camper there.

As an FYI, if you fill your tank and then drive you can get a siphon effect and lose a lot of your fresh water. Happened to me the first time I filled at home and went to a site. Needless to say I ran low on water that trip. I have since added a quarter turn shutoff to the overflow tube so I can close it off when traveling.

Greg
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned