Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Steve,

In my experience, it is good to have all faucets closed between opening each one individually. This stops the movement of air and allows water inside the pipes to drop to the lower areas and air only to rise to the upper areas. This is a lot safer to do at 20 psi than at 45 psi and why I start with the upper lines and move to the lower lines. With your process of opening the next faucet before closing the previous, you are probably actually running at less than 20 psi as well. If you close everything and then open a faucet at 45 psi air pressure . . . that's the "explosive" part .

Rob
    Good enough for me, I’ll begin using 20 psi and the process you recommend. Thanks!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget your outside spray ports. Also, a part prone to freezing is the flush valve on the toilet. It has narrow passages where water can get trapped and freeze. Good thing is it's easy to change out. Don't ask me how I know.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much for the helpful replies.

I'm the Mrs. Pete in this equation. Mr. Pete will be in charge of all things towing and I'm in charge of learning the other parts and making sure we have all the equipment needed. This really information helps-once I learn what some of these tools are.

Now I'm off to figure out why my heat wouldn't turn on all night (yes-we have propane). Luckily we were in the driveway so we came inside to warm up and research.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I learned that your stove can work even though you don't have enough propane to run the furnace. Fortunately an easy fix.

We had some unexpected freezing temperatures last night and might have more tonight so we feel like we need to winterize for real tonight. We went to dump our tanks-they are reading almost full. Black was a little hard to open but we got it. First gray tank completely stuck closed. Tried to pull really hard but no go. It was a little tough at our walkthrough but still opened. If I pour antifreeze into a full tank, is that enough protection? It won't be freezing during the day. Any tips for opening a stuck valve?

We are going to blow out our lines and add antifreeze to all the drains and toilet.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thoughts about using 20 psi instead of 45.

We are headed to the Oregon Coast for New Years. I will be winterizing before the return home. I will play with the pressure idea. I do the two open and then close one process.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An option for trailer tire changing: Trailer Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp, Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I4JPZE?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There also is a Trailer Aid Plus on Amazon, more lift. more money. As I recall, some say it is necessary to have the extra inch or so.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't waste your money on the Trailer Aid Plus or Tandem. I had the Trailer Aid Plus and attempted to use it on my previous TT. Due to the way RV suspension is designed, the flat tire will stay on the ground when the adjacent tire is on the Trailer Aid. I have a combination jack stand/bottle jack that works, I also carry a 6 ton bottle jack with adapters from Safe Jacks. As a last resort I could always manipulate the leveling system to get the tire off the ground, but I would not attempt that method first. I do carry an impact socket for my lug nuts, extension, 1/2" drive breaker bar and torque wrench to get the tire off and back on. Loosen the lug nuts while the tire is still on the ground, finger tighten the lug nuts while the tire is in the air, when you put it back on the ground you can torque the lug nuts.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Powerbui...SABEgL3oPD_BwE

https://safejacks.com/collections/bo...ck-accessories
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you forget to loosen the lug nuts before you lift the tire off the ground, or want to torque them before lowering the replaced tire . . . just pull the break-away pin.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on topic, there were good points made about draining the WH, blowing out the easy to forget stuff like the outside shower, the toilet feed and the black tank flush. Another easy to forget location is the washer prep. Be sure to blow those lines out and put RV antifreeze in the washer drain trap. If you have a washer, there will be water in the appliance to drain too.

I have the Surburban WH and there’s always some water left in the tank below the drain opening. You can use the RV WH flush wand (https://www.amazon.com/Camco-11691-W.../dp/B002XL2IBS) on the end of a wet/dry vac hose to vacuum out the last 1/2”.

I configure the Nautilus for City Water before doing the distribution system blowouts, I switch to tank fill and blow out those lines going to the fresh water tanks. It might make sense to blow out in sanitize (siphon) configuration as well to clear out the water pump impeller. Hopefully that won’t mess up the pump.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast