Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is so darn hard to decide what the best hitch is. I have a 2009 2500 Chevy Duramax short bed and I have been going back and forth between the Pullrite Superglide or the AUH with the B&W turnover ball. I am running out of time as I expect my new 303RLS to show p in the next few weeks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, i’m glad to hear that you did well with a 6 1/2 foot bed and the Andersen ultimate. I have my truck, I’ve installed B&W reversible ball and just got the Andersen hitch. I pick up my 27RL on 3/10 And I’m looking forward to seeing how they all play together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Demco Autoslider and it's a very good hitch that pulls well. Unfortunately it is also really heavy so it's a real chore to remove it from the bed when I want to use the truck for something else. I found a good deal on an Andersen AUH from a member here so I figured I would give it a try. Finished the install yesterday.

Based on my measurements using a 6' 4" bed Ram with a '16 337RLS it looked like the pinbox would interfere with the bed rails so I placed the hitch ball towards the tailgate and installed the receiver on the pin box towards the rear. I'm looking forward to see how it pulls.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankd View Post
    It is so darn hard to decide what the best hitch is. I have a 2009 2500 Chevy Duramax short bed and I have been going back and forth between the Pullrite Superglide or the AUH with the B&W turnover ball. I am running out of time as I expect my new 303RLS to show p in the next few weeks.
    Not sure where you are with your payload weight... but one thing to keep in mind is that the AUH saves quite a bit of weight. That was my deciding factor when I had the 2500HD Denali Duramax... and I still ended up about 400# over payload. No issues with the AUH - works great. The only drawback IMO is that you do need to lift the nose up on the trailer to get up and over the ball. Wasn't that much of an issue with the 2500HD, but the bed on this new F350 is about 5" higher and has to be putting some stress on the trailer suspension when getting hooked up/unhooked.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decision made: Weight was the determining factor so we just bought the B&W Turnover ball and the Andersen 3220hitch. Can’t wait to try it out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123