Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Level up jacks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level up jacks

How does everyone retract their level up jacks. I noticed that if you hit the left and right arrows to find your hooking up height the front jacks go up putting unnecessary loading on the back jacks. Can u manually retract the back jacks and then hit the two arrows to find your hitch height.

John
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    How does everyone retract their level up jacks.
    I use the Auto Reconnect feature. You select that from the menu and then press the Enter button. This will raise the rear jacks and return the front jacks to the position they were in when you pressed the Auto Level button. Of course this assumes you pressed the Auto Level button to level your RV after disconnecting from your truck. I find the Auto Reconnect feature to be almost as cool as Auto Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    Can u manually retract the back jacks and then hit the two arrows to find your hitch height.
    Yes, you can manually retract the rear jacks. I'm not sure about hitting two arrows to get back to hitch height. Sorry. Haven't tried that.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does the button "Retract All" bring all six jacks up? Or does the "Hitch Height" button only retract the rear four jacks and moves the front up or down depending on original hitch height? I'm confused on why there is a retract all button, I wouldn't want to accidentally hit "Retract All" and have the fiver laying on the ground. Our 2014 Solitude has more buttons that clearly move the front from rear jacks separately. Picking up a new Momentum this weekend and going through the manual. Just curious. Thanks in advance.

jim

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, "retract all", retracts all 6. I use it after hooking up to the truck to raise the front legs and make sure all the others are all the way up.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the speedy reply JCR, so you must use "Hitch Height" first and micro adjust front legs with up down buttons. After 5er is hitched to truck use the "Retract All" button? I never used the auto hitch height on previous camper, I would retract rear legs first (so I didn't stress them when raising front of camper to hook up to vehicle) then set height for hookup. This isn't really an issue, just a new procedure to learn. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I don't use "return to hitch height" because when auto level is all done leveling I give it an extra manual bump up on the street side and the front to firm up a little more and to insure the bed is slightly head up. Once I use manual it looses the "return" feature.

I just use the Retract all feature as way to be sure all legs are up and I can pick up the front foot pads while they are moving up by themselves (no holding button.)

Edit: P.S. I use a dowel with proper hitch height marked that gets me very close. I just lean the dowel against the pin box and raise or lower as needed. Same dowel is used for checking slide extension width in tight spots.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Edit: P.S. I use a dowel with proper hitch height marked that gets me very close. I just lean the dowel against the pin box and raise or lower as needed. Same dowel is used for checking slide extension width in tight spots.
    Great Idea. I think a dowel is in my future.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res