Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Reflection 29RS in the Family

Hello,

Actually, I have been lurking here for a while before getting the 29RS and already have posted a few questions, etc., before and after the purchase. So, I guess it's time for formal introductions.

We are Joe & Laura. Took delivery of our 018 29RS on November 15th and a week before that our F350 Powerstroke crew cab, short box, single rear wheel 4x4. Took it out for its maiden voyage right after we got it, from our home a little SW of Austin, TX to South Padre Island, TX, for Thanksgiving week. Things went pretty well on the "shakedown", found a few things amiss. Not enough tension on one of the blinds, fireplace heat turning off for no apparent reason, wonky capacitive touch thermostat. I know how to fix the blind and I finally figured out a fix for the thermostat. I'll probably have to take it in for the fireplace. We really love the 29RS and hope to take many memorable trips in it.

We've been RVing for about 18 years, mostly with a Bigfoot truck camper, then a couple of travel trailers. This is our 1st 5th wheel.

-jj

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!!! Great truck for the 29RS fifth wheel. Safe travels!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new 5er. Check and make sure the timer is not set on your fireplace. Timer display should be blank when timer is off.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats on new rv we have a 17 model havent used it yet have fun happy rving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Joe and Laura. My husband and I are considering a 29RS. Just curious how Laura likes the kitchen setup. I noticed there is no pantry and was wondering if there is enough other storage. Do you have the table and chairs? Is it roomy around them? And is the bedroom roomy? Thanks for any information you can give me about these questions and anything else. JB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JB,

We love our 29RS. Let me preface my answers by saying that this is the biggest camper we've ever had, so to us it is a mansion. The kitchen setup is very good With the island, there is lots of working room. The kitchen was a big selling point for Laura. Storage wise, we aren't using it all, yet anyway. The back overhead cabinets and the ones over the theater seating are pretty much empty. The cabinets we are using are not crowded.

We do have the table and chairs. I'm a pretty big guy and there is plenty of room for me, especially on the theater seating side. There are only 2 of us (plus 2 small dogs), so we have thought about storing the 2 folding chairs under the bed, or taking them out completely. The sales guy pointed out that the table can be repositioned without too much trouble and he knows of some people who have turned it 90 degrees and up against the outside wall like a desk.

The bedroom is not too tight. The slideout side is quite roomy. The other side of the bed is a bit tight, especially if you mounted a TV on the wall where they have the backer for the wall mount (which we don't have.) The space at the foot of the bed is adequate.

The outside storage is very good, especially since we removed the outside TV. The extra dorm-size refrigerator frees up a lot of space in the main fridge is a good place to keep extra drinks and water. It doesn't run on gas, so when travelling it's not on, so maybe not super great for keeping perishables on long hot travel days (unless you have an inverter.) But a lot of people claim they travel with their main fridge not running all the time and it is fine.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-jj
    Last edited by jjinatx; 01-14-2018 at 03:40 PM. Reason: sig in wrong place

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjinatx View Post
    JB,

... so we have thought about storing the 2 folding chairs under the bed, or taking them out completely. ...

The bedroom is not too tight. The slideout side is quite roomy. The other side of the bed is a bit tight, especially if you mounted a TV on the wall where they have the backer for the wall mount (which we don't have.) The space at the foot of the bed is adequate.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-jj
    We found that two folding chairs do not fit under the bed. Only one.

When we're set up, I go in and give the bed a shove towards the "other" side (away from the side with the TV). Gives me a couple of extra inches over there.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)