User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ulmer View Post
    You're right, sande005--it will definitely be a lot of trial and error to figure the correct settings for everything initially...
    If you install the Airlift on board compressor, you can easily try different air bag pressures while towing.
    https://www.airliftcompany.com/produ...s/wirelessone/

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    If you install the Airlift on board compressor, you can easily try different air bag pressures while towing.
    https://www.airliftcompany.com/produ...s/wirelessone/

Rob
    Yes, I am getting the onboard compressor. In fact, the truck is in the shop today for the installation!
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I am getting the onboard compressor. In fact, the truck is in the shop today for the installation!
    A couple of comments on the Wireless One installation . . . (I gave Airlift this same feedback, but received nothing back from them).
    The controller, compressor and remote have all worked well. The "installation kit" left a little to be desired. I did my own installation about three years ago. The relay for the compressor came to pieces in my hands while installing it. I replaced this with a better relay and redid all the crimped connections using heat shrink weather proof connectors and heavier gauge wire. Over time, one by one, the airline connectors began to leak. This becomes obvious when the compressor comes on each morning. After replacing each leaker, I finally went through the entire system and replaced all airline connectors with better quality components. Everything has been fine since.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of comments on the Wireless One installation . . . (I gave Airlift this same feedback, but received nothing back from them).
    The controller, compressor and remote have all worked well. The "installation kit" left a little to be desired. I did my own installation about three years ago. The relay for the compressor came to pieces in my hands while installing it. I replaced this with a better relay and redid all the crimped connections using heat shrink weather proof connectors and heavier gauge wire. Over time, one by one, the airline connectors began to leak. This becomes obvious when the compressor comes on each morning. After replacing each leaker, I finally went through the entire system and replaced all airline connectors with better quality components. Everything has been fine since.

Rob
    Just got the truck home from the dealer a little while ago. With 5# in the bags (the stated minimum in the manual), the rear of the truck is 1" higher than it was before the installation. The ride seems exactly the same as far as I can tell. 100# pressure (the stated maximum) lifts the rear an additional 2-1/2" (with no load, of course). Interesting. Since my TT is now in storage for the winter, I won't be able to test this towing for a few more months. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep an eye out for leaks over time.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With 5# in the bags (the stated minimum in the manual), the rear of the truck is 1" higher than it was before the installation.
    I'm kind of surprised at the height change with 5 psi in the bags. Mine is no different than it was before the installation. If you take the pressure to zero by leaving the compressor turned off and depressing the emergency fill schrader valve, the truck should return to the same height as it was before since there is no additional lift from the air bags.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of surprised in the height change with 5 psi in the bags. Mine is no different than it was before the installation. If you take the pressure to zero by leaving the compressor turned off and depressing the emergency fill schrader valve, the truck should return to same height as it was before since there is no additional lift from the air bags.

Rob
    I'll check that out. First I'll have to figure out where the installer put the emergency fill schrader valve.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2800BH owner with an Anderson WDH

Quote Originally Posted by Illmazing View Post
    Would like any info you may have on the Andersen no sway WDS. Bought our first camper, Imagine 2800BH and decided to go with Andersen No Sway.
    I am a new owner of a 2800BH (and new to Travel Trailers). I went with. And Anderson No Sway and wanted to check in to see how your experience has been so far.

I am towing with a 2018 F150, 3.5 Ecobost, Max Tow package.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rseiter71 View Post
    I am a new owner of a 2800BH (and new to Travel Trailers). I went with. And Anderson No Sway and wanted to check in to see how your experience has been so far.

I am towing with a 2018 F150, 3.5 Ecobost, Max Tow package.
    I can confirm that the gentleman I sold mine to that is towing a 2800BH is extremely happy with it. Semi-confirms my thoughts that sway is due to not enough tongue weight. If that is good, than the hitch will be good.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sande
    I'm the guy from Chicago that bought the Anderson from you ,so yes I email u and say its very good ,But after few more trip we start to notice the sway here and there ,I tried to shift weight to back of trailer then put more weight on the tongue ,I looked at lot of youtube videos and talk to guys at the campground that have the same hitch. I got a lot of good advice how to set up so I will say we did like 5 time towing short distance, some was no sway some was. In 2 week we going camping in Door county Wisconsin it's about 500 mile from Chicago round trip ,that will be the biggest test for the hitch. I'm planning to take the old one with me just in case ..
    maybe its the truck. We start looking into 2500 or 3500 Diesel .We have now 1500 Silverado that can pull 9600 lb but I still feel the truck struggling. Hope the hitch will work better.
    we have 28BH

E.Adani

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12