User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think relieving the pressure would make much difference to possibility of freezing. The water is "stationary" in both situations. Still water is most susceptible to freezing.

BTW, our fireplace "flames" will go to low but won't go completely off if the fireplace heater is operating.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run all my water, drained my holding tanks today. Just sayin......still looks like we escaped any damage. Supposed to get down to 32F tonight but I'll not be taking any more chances.....portable heater set at 65F and propane heater set at 45F just in case.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you run the fireplace to produce heat and put the main fan for the furnace on low or his it will circulate the air into the basement to keep you from freezing up. When possible while plugged in when run a 15k btu heater in the garage for the children with the fireplace and the fan on for the main AC/furnace to help circulate the air throughout the coach. I thought the fireplace was a 5k btu heater if I recall right but it definitely puts out some heat.
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmiller639 View Post
    If you run the fireplace to produce heat and put the main fan for the furnace on low or his it will circulate the air into the basement to keep you from freezing up.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to run the furnace blower (main fan for the furnace) without the propane burner coming on. Thus, the propane furnace is the only way to make sure the underbelly is kept warm.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, I forgot I usually use the electric in conjunction with the propane furnace. Set the electric for around 68 when in a park and the propane for 70 that way it only runs a few times but keeps the air moving. I have a Momentum and it stays amazingly climate controlled and comes with tank heaters as well standard, do all the standard trailer product lines perform as well and standard with tank heaters? Anyone had experience in multiple product lines? I am trying to refer a few friends into travel trailers and was curious if they are just as amazing?
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmiller639 View Post
    True, I forgot I usually use the electric in conjunction with the propane furnace. Set the electric for around 68 when in a park and the propane for 70 that way it only runs a few times but keeps the air moving. I have a Momentum and it stays amazingly climate controlled and comes with tank heaters as well standard, do all the standard trailer product lines perform as well and standard with tank heaters? Anyone had experience in multiple product lines? I am trying to refer a few friends into travel trailers and was curious if they are just as amazing?
    The Reflection and Imagine series do not have tank heaters.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I had not caught that in my review of the 150 Series. No heated tanks..... is that an aftermarket option? Anyone done that?

I'm thinking we may well hit some colder weather in mountainous regions and knowing that those don't freeze up is a real plus.
    Between campers
    Shopping for a 150 Series 5th wheel
    Deciding on a tow vehicle

Columbia, TN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orggardn View Post
    Hmmm... I had not caught that in my review of the 150 Series. No heated tanks..... is that an aftermarket option? Anyone done that?

I'm thinking we may well hit some colder weather in mountainous regions and knowing that those don't freeze up is a real plus.
    To be clear, no electric tank heaters. The propane furnace has ductwork to the tank area to keep the tanks from freezing as long as you are using the furnace.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had just put aftermarket heaters on my other trailer but never got a chance to use them before upgrading trailers. Go to ultraheat.com, not all their products are shown inline though. Give their technical support a call with the temps you are looking at and they can give you good suggestions. Depending on if you have 30 or 50 amp service should be taken into consideration. if you are freezing up just enough to stop water flow you could probably get away with just adding some of their heater cables that wrap the fresh water lines wrapped in foam hot water insulation from Home Depot. If I remember right they draw a max of about 6 amps each and only trigger on if it hits a certain temp. If you do get the pads they stick very well and function in the same capacity but can draw up to 9 amps each if I remember right? Are you looking for just when plugged in at a park or traveling on the road as well?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another option to help keep freezing in the elbow just above the gate valves on your tanks at a cheap price:
    \https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-11-3-4-...9ShPSP&vxp=mtr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast