Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sewage hose and barker tote

I have a 42 gallon Barker Tote and a dominator sewage hose with the clear elbow. I couldn’t figure out how to connect the two for the life of me. Thank goodness the tote came with one but it feel so flimsy and I would like to use the dominator since I spent money on it. It has a screw end on the elbow.

I bought a Valterrs twist on cap to protect from spills but it falls off when I try to connect the hose. Is there a way to get it to stay on?

Last question.... I went to dump my tanks and about a cup of antifreeze came out when I took off the cap. Is that likely from driving with antifreeze in the tanks? I would have expected stuff from Grey or black tanks before just antifreeze. Part of the reason. I wanted to use the twist on cap.

Thanks!! Looking forward the day when I can offer advice. 😉

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help you on the anti-freeze question, never use it. I replaced the hose on my portable tote pretty quickly. The Valterrs twist on cap you mention, is it just a cap or is it the gate valve? I added another gate valve to the tote hose, makes for a very positive shut off. Essentially, from the shut off gate valve on the end of my RV sewer connection to the shutoff valve on the end of my tote has only the clear plastic elbow, the most I can ever spill with this setup is about a quart.

Staying on? Four post twist on. If it is falling off I would ensure that the rubber seal is intact.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this helps with the antifreeze question other than on my 303 i had a grey water show up following removal of the cap. the line form the galley to the discharge point is pretty flat when set up, so when you move coach, some of the residual water may make it to the low point. I keep a small bucket with sewer hoses so when i take off the cap, if anything is in it, it goes into the bucket and not on the ground. I am guessing that there was a little residual in the pipes and it made it to the end. as far as the cap coming off, make sure you don't have a twist in the one you are hooking up causing tension in the opposite direction of tight, if so, maybe put tension on it to create positive tension on the fitting. also like D2Reid said, check the gasket and the pins on the connection and make sure all are in tact. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CampPete View Post
    Last question.... I went to dump my tanks and about a cup of antifreeze came out when I took off the cap. Is that likely from driving with antifreeze in the tanks? I would have expected stuff from Grey or black tanks before just antifreeze. Part of the reason. I wanted to use the twist on cap.
    CampPete - There are lots of reasons that there might be liquid behind the waste end cap. What was left in a level drain line, a gate valve that didn't close all the way or a leaking gate valve. The best solution for this is a twist on gate valve permanently in place of the end cap and then the cap can be put on this as an additional safety. With this, nothing will come out of the trailer waste pipe until you have everything hooked up and ready.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails twist on gate valve.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The valve that Rob pictures is a great improvement. It also allows the interconnect of two grey tanks that exit the same sewer connection. By closing the twist on valve and opening the grey tank valves the contents of the two tanks equalizes so one tank doesn't fill before the other. I would recommend installing the Valtera twist on valve with the valve handle to the right so the weight of the valve tends to tighten the connection rather loosen it as you travel down the road.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    The valve that Rob pictures is a great improvement. It also allows the interconnect of two grey tanks that exit the same sewer connection. By closing the twist on valve and opening the grey tank valves the contents of the two tanks equalizes so one tank doesn't fill before the other. I would recommend installing the Valtera twist on valve with the valve handle to the right so the weight of the valve tends to tighten the connection rather loosen it as you travel down the road.
    I currently have a few cable ties on mine to secure it from falling off or moving but am now thinking of adding some self tapping screws through the valve and into the pipe. Once while dumping my gray tank into the sewer tote the adapter came off. Luckily it was just gray water that time.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    I would recommend installing the Valtera twist on valve with the valve handle to the right so the weight of the valve tends to tighten the connection rather loosen it as you travel down the road.
    Hi Jim - Hmmm . . . never thought of that. The picture that I posted was just grabbed from the internet, but I do (did) have my valve mounted with the handle to the left. Just turned it 180 degrees based on your advice. Thanks !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am picturing this and in my few hundred years of experience in plumbing and such, would a rubber coupling that is used on sewer lines work? You could slide it over the pipe and then back over the joint for the valve, using the hose clamps that come with it, you should be able to secure it, plus it would enable it to be removed if needed. they can be acquired from a local plumbing supply. ?????? Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had our handle facing the left for 3 years and it has never moved.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Have had our handle facing the left for 3 years and it has never moved.
    LOL . . . same here . . . but, I can't disagree with Jim's logic .
    Now, if it moves from its new right side position we can have a whole new "vehicle dynamics" discussion!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast