Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry My first ever RV 2018 2800BH with recalls

So......... bought my first ever RV, upgraded from a tent to a GD 2800BH in September, Problem...... haven't even used it yet, brought it home sat on driveway noticed defects (netting deformed on bedroom vent, and power jack protective plastic unglued) so i brought it back to campers inn rv (Raynham, MA) and i got a recall (AC unit wiring), so i called them to have it checked, 6 weeks later still at campers inn and i just noticed another recall on it.......... i must have the worst luck ever, my first ever RV and this is what im going through........ good thing its off season, i would have been going out of my mind if it was summer. GD why are you doing this to me?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the 2nd recall for?

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NHTSA Recall Number: 17V-271

TC Recall Number: 2017-225

Date Released: 5/15/2017

Units Affected: 2017-2018 Imagine Travel Trailers

Build Dates: 12/1/16 – 4/3/17

VIN Range: H6600065 – J6601893

Summary: Schwintek Slide Out Room Column Attachment Screw Shear.

Im hoping mine is not within that VIN number range haven't checked yet

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't " imagine" you would be affected by the second recall. These 2800bh fly off the showrooms and yours was sold in Sept. Probably well past the build cut off.

Main problem is why it's taking so long to fix a couple minor issues. Have you stayed in contact with the dealer on a weekly basis? Stay on top of this and demand answers. Up the chain of command. Some dealers require more attention than others.

Question....this is the selling dealer isn't it?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Can't "imagine"" LOL love it.
    yes been in contact with them, reply......... "they have been waiting for a part", now i "imagine" that if i call GD they will say "we just got that order", so who do we believe?

and yes this is the selling dealer

thank you TucsonJim and JKing46 for your reply's
    Last edited by milton1979; 12-22-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campers inn doesn’t really have a good reputation, I was told along time ago to stay clear of campers inn and camping world . Keep on top of them , there are others that service grand design if campers inn can’t get it done in a timely manner.

Bryan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a suggestion
    If your camper has been sitting on the dealer's lot for 6 weeks or more, there is a good chance the battery is dead. It is never good to totally discharge the dual purpose batteries they put in them.
    See if the dealer would check it for you and at least disco the negative terminal.
    If it's completely discharged,it may need to be replaced.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milton1979 View Post
    So......... bought my first ever RV, upgraded from a tent to a GD 2800BH in September, Problem...... haven't even used it yet, brought it home sat on driveway noticed defects (netting deformed on bedroom vent, and power jack protective plastic unglued) so i brought it back to campers inn rv (Raynham, MA) and i got a recall (AC unit wiring), so i called them to have it checked, 6 weeks later still at campers inn and i just noticed another recall on it.......... i must have the worst luck ever, my first ever RV and this is what im going through........ good thing its off season, i would have been going out of my mind if it was summer. GD why are you doing this to me?
    Unfortunately, that is a very, very short list of minor problems. Meaning, minor to fix. Welcome to the RV world - there is a lot that speaks to poor quality control for all brands and models. But, it will be worth the small amount of time to call Grand Design about them - and then go get your trailer and bring it home. Extremely likely Grand Design can recommend (or will authorize if you find your own) a mobile tech to come to your driveway to make the repairs. They likely will even ship the parts direct to you, so you have them for the repair person. There is absolutely NO excuse for your dealer keeping it that long. Mine does have a pretty far out there window for scheduling appointments, but once the date comes, it gets done right away. As in same day, while I wait. They make sure to have the parts in hand before I arrive. Once, over the summer they scheduled me pretty far out - but if I wasn't using it offered to take it in early and work on a time available basis. Got it back many weeks before my official appointment date. While we all expect these expensive houses on wheels to be built right, there will be issues. What truly sets Grand Design apart is their commitment to correct the issues as quickly as possible, regardless of their relationship with a dealer.

And...unless you bought "new" that had been sitting on the lot for most of the year, very unlikely you are part of the slide recall group. But, GD can also advise when you call - just give them your VIN number. And yep, worst case - the mobile tech can fix that, too.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milton, go to grand Design's website, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "owner support", then click on "contact us", then select "service and warranty". Give them your vin# and explain your problems and ask your questions. I have received responses fro GD in just a few hours using this method. One time I got a response to my inquiry in an hour or so by phone. These messages go across Bill Martin's desk and he forwards them on to the right folks. I think GD may be shut down for the holidays, but it's worth a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Can't " imagine" you would be affected by the second recall. These 2800bh fly off the showrooms and yours was sold in Sept. Probably well past the build cut off.

Main problem is why it's taking so long to fix a couple minor issues. Have you stayed in contact with the dealer on a weekly basis? Stay on top of this and demand answers. Up the chain of command. Some dealers require more attention than others.

Question....this is the selling dealer isn't it?
    Not giving a great excuse for their service department, but I just picked my new 2800BH last week and the service guy told me this is one of the busiest times of the year for them. He said people think since it's not "camping season" that they would be slow, but said it's quite the opposite because it's when everyone brings the campers in for service.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB
    2018 Imagine 2800BH (SOLD)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast