Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd A/C - Heat Unit Control Monitor

Is 2nd control monitor suppose to heat also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my Solitude, the 2nd AC bedroom unit does not heat, nor can you control the propane heating system for the camper from the bedroom wall mounted thermostat. If you cycle through the thermostat, you won't see any heat settings. The rear living area AC unit is also a heat pump. When I cycle through the thermostat for that unit, I can select either electric heat from the heat pump or gas heat from the propane heat system.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question and one that we had also. Our bedroom thermostat does have options for furnace, but doesn't appear to actually do anything. There is a vent in the floor at end of bed and another in the bathroom vanity but nothing comes out of either of those. We're not sure if they are actually heat vents or not at this point. The main thermostat also has options for furnace and there is a vent under the loveseat, another under the kitchen sink and one behind the toilet that blow hot air. (We have a 2018 Reflection 27RL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine only has heat pump in the main (LR) A/C unit. The thermostat has Heat-Elec and Heat-Gas selections. The BR A/C does not have heat pump and that thermostat has NO heat selections. The gas furnace is controlled by the main thermostat.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave&Kathi View Post
    Good question and one that we had also. Our bedroom thermostat does have options for furnace, but doesn't appear to actually do anything. There is a vent in the floor at end of bed and another in the bathroom vanity but nothing comes out of either of those. We're not sure if they are actually heat vents or not at this point. The main thermostat also has options for furnace and there is a vent under the loveseat, another under the kitchen sink and one behind the toilet that blow hot air. (We have a 2018 Reflection 27RL)
    Could be some differences, but we have a 2017 26RL - the thermostat in the main room is AC (main AC unit) or furnace function. The thermostat in the bedroom is AC function only on the AC unit over the bedroom.

The venting is all connected, so when the furnace runs, it blows out all the vents. Same for the AC units. In the kitchen/living space there are 3 vents on 3 sides of the island. Intake vent is under the hutch. In the bedroom, vent is on the floor at the foot of the bed, and a small vent at the bottom of the vanity in the bedroom. The intake vent is behind the toilet.

During "moderately" hot weather we have only one AC running (bedroom if we're in the living room, and living room if we're in the bedroom) It's less noisy that way. But the AC cold air comes out all the vents.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That makes sense!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When running the Heat Pump unit I do get a little heat, albeit very little, into the BR thru the ceiling vents. I'll typically run the heat pump until roughly an hour before e go to bed, then switch it over to gas for the night. Next day back to the heat pump.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]