User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More on Security and Anti-Theft

As many of you know, we went through and re-keyed the trailer with locks and cylinders from RVLOCKSANDMORE.COM

We removed the Master-keyed cylinders from the entry doors, and keyed everything alike to a less-common key. We added some additional lighting under the back of the trailer, and keep the underside lights and porch lights on at night. I keep my truck locked up, and that all worked fine. They were not able to get into the trailer or the truck (they did some other neighbors), but we lost some items outside.

From http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html

28-December-2017 - Handtruck stolen - stroller stolen
    We had to go out today so I could take my wife to the Dr. Getting in and out of the truck is a real process right now, so I am very glad I have the chance to work from home. I took a late lunch time so I could use it to take her to the Dr.

I noticed some interesting tracks in the snow when I got out of the trailer, and we shortly discovered that the handtruck was stolen last night. Apparently, some stupid son-of-a-**** decided that he needed it more than we do. Normally it's safely locked up in the truck, but I got it out just before my surgery so that my wife can use it to take the garbage to the garbage cans more easily.

Because the surgery was a little more expensive than originally planned, we don't have any extra money to replace it right now. It wasn't exactly cheap, but it's what we need to help us get things done - especially with my foot out of commission for the coming weeks.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...0137/203875537

Thank you for making our lives just a little more difficult right now, you b*****d.

They also took our daughters stroller, which was folded up under the trailer. What a wonderful place.

29-December-2017 - Thieves Came Back @ 04:30
    I slept VERY lightly last night. This was one of those mornings when having a foot that can't carry any weight was VERY inconvenient.

About 04:30 this morning I heard a car pull up, and I could hear footsteps. I was already getting out of bed and I heard someone yell "something something bolt cutters" and then a whole bunch of swearing. I yelled "Get out of here" as loud as I could while hitting the outside light switches, then called park security. Apparently they were already aware of them, he saw one of them trying to get into the storage shed on the lot we are renting (which I keep locked), and he hit him with pepper spray. You can smell it outside.

They haven't caught them yet, but are actively looking for them. I'll post more when it happens.

Update - 06:30

No word back from security yet, so I'm afraid they got away. They didn't get into the shed, and didn't apparently take anything else from us this morning (we still have our small $25.00 barbecue and a few other cheap items out).

I'm sure people will blame us for leaving the handtruck and stroller outside. My wife is 4' 9.5", so it's not easy for her to get bulkier / heavier things in and out of the back of the truck or the trailer. It's the best way for her to get the garbage from the trailer to the dumpsters. She did make efforts to conceal them under the slideout on the trailer. Since I can't put any weight on the foot yet, it was the best compromise setup at the time. It's too bad people don't obey laws against theft.

For the future, when I can get around, I'm going to get some heavy chain to use to chain up anything we leave outside. The guy apparently had, or was yelling to a buddy about, bolt cutters, so I want to get something extra heavy. Of course, that will create more inconvenience for her. It's too bad people don't obey laws against theft.

Our neighbor came out and we talked for a bit. Apparently they took a couple of their bikes and a case of beer. They did leave another bike - most likely stolen from someone else, I suspect he ditched it this morning when security caught up to him.

I'll keep you updated.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about this Jim! I look forward to the day that GPS trackers become very small and very inexpensive. There has been a frenzy of 3rd row seats stolen from GM vehicles around here. L.E. are starting to setup dummy vehicles with trackers to nail these guys.

Hopefully the thugs who got your stuff get caught.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear that. That's not right!

Nothing is safe it seems....
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He got hit with the pepper spray, so I was really hoping they would catch him. If my foot was in working order, I guarantee he would not have got away. That is the really frustrating part.

I had hoped the lights would do more to help, but these guys found what they considered to be their "honey pot" and were going to keep coming back. Fortunately, they were interrupted this time. As it is, if he got away he may wait a while and then try it again/
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately respect seems to be a thing of the past, good luck with everything and wishing you the best.
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your trouble.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the use of lethal force would be satisfying it would bring a high legal cost to defend, unless the perp was in your home.

Many years ago I let my German Shepherd chase and catch a neighborhood Peeping Tom. Now that was satisfying. The prep was sentenced to 30 days in jail. My dog became a celebrity in our neighborhood.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Illegal use of force or suggestions of such have been removed from this thread.

Jim - Moderator

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did this happen I see in your sig Sandy UT, I will be picking up my trailer in Draper and I don't want to stay where you are.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, Can you define illegal use of force please? I think even Arizona has the Castle Doctrine......
    http://arizona.homesecuritysystems.n...stle-doctrine/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast