User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Jim, Can you define illegal use of force please? I think even Arizona has the Castle Doctrine......
    http://arizona.homesecuritysystems.n...stle-doctrine/
    If you'd read the posts before they were deleted (I did) then you'd understand why the moderator took action. I did think that RamGunner's response to the use-of-force suggestion (also deleted) was appropriate since RamGunner is apparently quite knowledgeable regarding this issue in Utah. He "defined" when lethal use-of-force is allowed and I thought his words were logical and without (too much) emotion. JMHO
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Jim, Can you define illegal use of force please? I think even Arizona has the Castle Doctrine......
    http://arizona.homesecuritysystems.n...stle-doctrine/
    That was my thought when I posted, but I guess we're in snowflake land here. So be it. It's not worth further discussion....or participation in this forum.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I should have been a little clearer on the reason for removing the posts. Unfortunately, I was using my phone from a remote location so I didn't take the time to explain myself. I removed the post because the suggested action of shooting the perpetrator outside of the residence in order to prevent a simple theft would in fact be illegal under Utah law (Where this theft took place). In Utah, a castle doctrine applies if the perpetrator is attempting to make entry or has made entry into the residence. You simply can not legally shoot a person stealing a stroller outside the residence. In fact, I was in Salt Lake yesterday and before I removed the post, and I actually discussed the legality of it with my son who is a CCW instructor. Believe me, if I felt it was legal and warranted to use deadly force I would have no qualms about it.

I felt the suggested advice in the post could make a sticky legal situation for the forum owner if someone were to follow it. So rightly or wrongly, I was looking out for Chris' interests. Sometimes I need to make a judgment call, and if it was deemed to be too much, my apologies.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jim for keeping Chris, and all of us , from being liable for other people's actions. Sometimes we have to error on the safe side , is just a part of the sue happy society that we all live in now. Your diligence IS appreciated !
    [IMG]epgsoft.com[/IMG]
    Robert & Julie Wells and the furry kids
    2018 Solitude 310 GK
    2002 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4X4 (modified Cummins)l 6 sp w/ Blue Ox Super Ride hitch ,Timbren levelers (retired 6/16/18)
    2017 Chevrolet 3500 HD Dually Crew Cab Mountain Edition ( commissioned 6/16/18) 60 gallon transfer tank, Blue Ox Super Ride, otherwise stock- for now
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1985 Harley FXST
    1984 Peterbilt 359 400 Cummins 13spd

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opinions expressed in this forum are the opinions of the member posters. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the forum owner or the moderatorsame.
    My opinion is that if more low life scumbag thieves were shot, there would less thievery. For sure, there would be less low life scumbag thieves.

See how easy that was? My opinion...not anyone elses.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is our “injustice “ system , property crimes do not matter , if they are caught the are put back on the street in a matter of hours.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12