Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot water issues

I've got a 2018 312BHTS TT....this morning I woke up to no hot water....its been hovering around 16 with 7 degree wind chills the last couple days. I'm so confused....I placed heat tape on my incoming line so we do have fresh water from our city connection point....but absolutely NO hot water. Does anyone have idea what's going on?
    Suggestions, comments, etc, gladly accepted.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean no flow from hot faucet or water flow, but the water is cold?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got plenty of water flow.....our water isn't frozen up, (cold enough to lock it up quick tho! Hahaha) only our cold water faucet work in the kitchens, bathroom lav, toilet, and shower....when we turn on any of the hot water faucets, we get nothing....
    I was in fear that the hot water was frozen, so we've run the furnace hard today to get more heat into the underbelly. I've also removed the closet drawers to access the water heater. I've heard the check valve on the out flow line is junk, so I'm looking at totally removing it in the morning.
    I'm not completely up to speed with the Nautlus control panel, so before I remove the check valve, I'd like to know there aren't other options, or other areas I need to check first

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Make sure that the handles on the outside shower or hose connection are closed. If not, you will only get cold water. This bites several people each year. They shut the hose off at the head and forget to turn off the valves.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made sure they were turned off this afternoon....I appreciate your reminding me tho....is there anything else that I might look at? Have you had, or heard anything about the out flow check valve?? I've been hearing a lot about them sticking or not allowing the water to flow from the WH. Everything worked perfect yesterday.....this morning, nothing.
    I'm also curious about all the bypass stuff....any info you can give me on why and how the bypass works is appreciated also.
    Thanks Jim!!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of quite a few issues due to the water heater check valve, I imagine you could tap on it while one of the hot water faucets are open. If it's continually sticking, might be worth replacing. If you follow the diagrams on the Nautilus panel you should be good to go, remember not to turn any of the valves with the system pressurized, this can cause valve failure. I always depressurize system by opening sink faucet with water pump off or spiget valve shut depending on my water source prior to operating any of the Nautilus valves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim
    Our water just wasn't getting hot for the last two days. It was constantly only warm. I read your post about ensuring that the outside shower handles were turned off and sure enough, both hot and cold were open. I closed both and the HOT water resumed immediately. Thanks so much for the tip!
    Mick

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan_M View Post
    Jim
    Our water just wasn't getting hot for the last two days. It was constantly only warm. I read your post about ensuring that the outside shower handles were turned off and sure enough, both hot and cold were open. I closed both and the HOT water resumed immediately. Thanks so much for the tip!
    Mick
    Glad it worked for you!

jim