User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP quick connects

The kids got us a Coleman Road Trip gas grill. So how do I hook it up to the LP quick disconnect (QD) on my Imagine 2600. I've looked through the camping stores and I see extension hoses with male and female QD connection on each end and hoses that fit an LP tank on one end and the Road Trip connection on the other, but nothing the connects the QD and RT directly. Is something like this available, or will I have to make it. I'm certainly capable of making my own hose if that is the only alternative.
    Dave & Debi
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD diesel
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2whoharp View Post
    The kids got us a Coleman Road Trip gas grill. So how do I hook it up to the LP quick disconnect (QD) on my Imagine 2600. I've looked through the camping stores and I see extension hoses with male and female QD connection on each end and hoses that fit an LP tank on one end and the Road Trip connection on the other, but nothing the connects the QD and RT directly. Is something like this available, or will I have to make it. I'm certainly capable of making my own hose if that is the only alternative.
    The Coleman road trip has a regulator on it and is designed for hi pressure (direct from a tank). The quick disconnect on the camper is low pressure (after the regulator on the camper). To make this work you need to modify the grill to remove/bypass the regulator . Lowes or Home Depot is your friend in finding the correct pieces of brass that you will need . You will then need the fitting for the quick connect hose to go on.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2whoharp View Post
    http://propanegear.com/coleman-roadt...onversion-kit/
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Coleman has the regulator on the tank end of the hose, its easy. Just remove the current hose (or the regulator from the hose) and install a FM LP quick connect. If the regulator is connected directly to the Coleman, it can be more complicated - just depends on if you can remove the regulator and find threads to install a QC.

The RV LP system is a low pressure system - it has a regulator. You can't have another regulator between the RV and the grill so you have to find a way to get rid of the second one and replace it with a QC.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moderator Note: Merged two duplicate threads.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    The Coleman road trip has a regulator on it and is designed for hi pressure (direct from a tank). The quick disconnect on the camper is low pressure (after the regulator on the camper). To make this work you need to modify the grill to remove/bypass the regulator . Lowes or Home Depot is your friend in finding the correct pieces of brass that you will need . You will then need the fitting for the quick connect hose to go on.
    It's packed up in the camper right now, but I believe the regulator is on a separate piece of pipe that treads into the bottom of the burner. I want to run the hose directly into that connection, just need that male fitting with a barb or pipe threads on the other end, right?
    Last edited by D2whoharp; 01-26-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    Dave & Debi
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    If the Coleman has the regulator on the tank end of the hose, its easy. Just remove the current hose (or the regulator from the hose) and install a FM LP quick connect. If the regulator is connected directly to the Coleman, it can be more complicated - just depends on if you can remove the regulator and find threads to install a QC.

The RV LP system is a low pressure system - it has a regulator. You can't have another regulator between the RV and the grill so you have to find a way to get rid of the second one and replace it with a QC.
    I'll have to look back through the kit, I thought all I got with the grill was a hard piped setup for the small propane bottles.
    Dave & Debi
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same one. There is a YouTube video that gives directions and parts neeed for the connection, or you can buy the conversion kit as suggested. I bought the parts and removed the regulator on the bbq.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this example doesn't help the op but it will help someone with the weberQ.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...I5wt52Z8KSzy8C

You can get a WeberQ for around $200.00 and the conversion kit think is around $50 and a stand for $75. I have not used the grill yet but my old camper came with an rvq which was a lot smaller and cheaply made. So for those of you looking for an easy grill setup that can connect into the campers LP port I would suggestion the weberQ.

My disclaimer is that I did not research any other product. With that being said the Colman grill could be better than weberQ or equal. I do know that I would not buy a RVQ... just my 2 cents.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your responses.
    Dave & Debi
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]