Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planning similar trip in May and part of June

Quote Originally Posted by mike1306 View Post
    Made reservations a the grand canyon village. Am planning on 4 or 5 stops along the way. Our first stop will be around Little Rock AR. Looking to drive about 6-8 hours per day. Closer to 6 hours would be best. Looking for places to stay along I-40. Have started the search but thought id ask those who have traveled this route. Recommendations? Looking at spending 2 nights per site. Thanks for your experiences.
    Mike & Diane
    We are planning similar trip and route and we are NEW RV'ers so while I have reservations at highly popular sites (Grand Canyon North Rim, Zion, Moab, Black Canyon of Gunnison, etc) I have not made reservations for each place going out or returning from NC. I have a location I am hoping to get to and some options for stays. I am a planner and was told to be more spontaneous with RV. What do you experienced RV'ers suggest? I was planning to stay at the Downtown Riverside RV Resort in Little Rock and just saw a comment in this thread that reservation is needed... EEEKKS...
    and will Flagstaff be worrisome in mid May as mentioned in this thread?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Mike and Diane I didn't see what months you are planning for your trip.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uscbruce80, I think you got it right - reservations as places you want to be sure to see. Not so much needed while traveling in order to keep your options open. We usually make some "must stay/see" reservations and the rest are usually made anywhere from 2 weeks to same day; it kind of depends on the mood we're in. We've always been able to find a place near where we want to be. Sometimes just a call to a place you think you want stay at is all you need to find out if they recommend a reservation or not.

If our experience is anything to go by (been doing this for 30+ years; not full time but 2 to 5 months in spring/summer/fall) we find we prefer to travel on our own rather than with a group (we've been wagon masters and 'tail gunners') but find independent traveling to be most rewarding while still meeting up with friends along the way for a few days or a few weeks.

Enjoy your time on the road.

oh - nice choice - North Rim. You staying at the NP? Beautiful drive up there and same views as the crowded south side.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help traveldawg .. it eases my mind.

I have had trouble getting National Park Reservations....even having two computers with buttons at the "ready" at the 10.00 am hour when reservations open. I read recently that computers are programmed to grab the highly sought sites. Therefore we are staying at Demotte National Forest a few miles outside North Rim of Grand Canyon. Thanks so much for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12