User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a 2019 367 and it comes with the 3 pull out steps underneath the door. My wife and I both concluded we needed the 4 steps that are the solid steps. I installed them just before tucking it away for the winter. We put on the LCI Solid Step ..and it is solid ! only took about 25 min to install and take the old ones off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	16300

Name:	s2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	16301

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BillyD

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
    Well 45 minutes and a couple hours later, my Glow Steps Revolution A8004 are installed. Had to make some 1/4" spacers one for each side as these steps are 27.5'' and my brackets were welded at 28". After removing the solid steps, I was left with 5 holes in my floor about an inch from the threshold so I made an extension to the threshold that covers those holes and blends right in.

Billy D
    Billy, waiting for my GlowSteps to arrive. I'm wondering how you cut out your skirt opening? I'm going to use Jigsaw and or dremel.. but how did you decide how large an opening? I was wanting to have it ready and waiting for install. Maybe best to wait until they arrive and then make the call. What did you learn and what would you do differently? Your install looks nice from the pictures. Thanks for any advice!

Steve
    Taz (Vizsla)-- Lead Dog
    Steve and Karen-- Team
    >>>-------------------->
    2017 Ford 350 6.7 DRW
    2018 GD 328 Momentum

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hhanson View Post
    @BillyD

I'm wondering how you cut out your skirt opening? I'm going to use Jigsaw and or dremel.. but how did you decide how large an opening?
    Steve

Name:	GlowStepsInstalled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	21846

The install was a little tricky. On my Solitude, GD installed the fold-in Lippert Solid Steps with no cutout for any replacement steps -- but they left the vertical mounting plates in place behind the fender. So the width of the fender cutout is the width of the mounting plates plus 1 3/4 inches on each side. I allowed 1 3/4 inches from the bottom of the door sill to the top of the cutout.

First trick: I made a plywood template the size of the cutout less the distance between my nibbler cut-line and the nibbler edge-guide. Used a router rounding template to round the corners of the plywood template.

Second trick: to center the template, go behind the skirting with a straight-edge and extend a line to the skirting from each vertical mounting plate. Mark the back side of the skirting in front of each plate, and drill two small locator-holes thru the skirting. Go back to the front of the skirting and find the horizontal center point between the two locator-holes. Drill a locator-hole there. Drill a locator-hole in the horizontal center of the plywood template at the correct height to position the template vertically. Using a pin of some sort (drill-bit?) insert the pin thru the template and into the center locator-hole in the skirting. Square up the template and screw it down with sheet-metal screws.

Third trick: I tried to nibble thru the bottom of the skirting, but the skirting is angled down there and is heavy enough to be a challenge for the nibbler. Use a jig-saw for bottom of the cut. As you come up the skirting, you're going to run into flooring, so the jig-saw won't work at that point. That's where you switch to the nibbler -- which you can buy for about $30 bucks at Harbor Freight. I bought mine from Grizzly.

I got the edging -- that's required -- from Amazon.

Sorry I don't have pics of the install.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question we have a g30 with only 3 step installed, looking to replace with 4 step any suggestions?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456