Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A tear is rolling down my cheek. I'm very sorry for your loss. We lost our "boys" in 2016, 6 months apart. 15 years for Deuce and 13 for Buster, good long lives, but never long enough.
    I think of them every day, remembering how fun and joyful they were. They still make me feel happy!

This poem was given to me by my daughter, it hangs on the wall in my home.

JUST A DOG
    From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."
    Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.
    Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
    If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
    "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure and unbridled joy.
    "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.
    Because of "just a dog," I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
    I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog," but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile--because they "just don't understand."

-Author Unknown

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott and Jennifer, soooo sorry for the lost of our pup. I know your pain, I lost 2 pups over the corse of my married life (25 years and counting ). Our spare bed room is our lab room. Pictures, collectable plates, ornaments, and the ashes of both our pups.
    We were given a poem for each of them. One was called "The Rainbow Bridge" and the second is untitled. I'd like to share the untitled one with you.

I'am not there with you today
    But know that I haven't gone astray.
    I am the wind blowing through your hair
    And the warmth you feel in the air.

When that smile creeps on your face
    Remember that I am in a good place.
    And when you're feeling sad and down,
    Recall memories of me running around.

You don't need to look low and high,
    Just search way deep inside,
    And know that we'll never be apart,
    For I have left my pawprints on your heart.

Again, deepest sympathy.

John and Carol Joscelyne and Hexy too! ! ! !

PS: i'll you a private message of. The Rainbow Bridge
    Last edited by Joscelyne3; 01-06-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're sorry for your loss.
    Tim & Lynn
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greene728 View Post
    You’re work here is done and you did a fantastic job. More faithful and loyal than anyone deserves. Camping just won’t be the same nor will things around the house. But you’ll always be with us.

Belle Greene
    6-12-05 to 1-5-18
    Our sympathies, Belle. We feel for you.

Richard and Leah

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John and Carol Joscelyne and Hexy too! ! ! !

I have experienced much loss in my life, your words are true for our pets, but they are true for other loss as well.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Dallas. At times in our lives, we all can appreciate this and other poems of support and sympathy.

God bless, and Happy New Year
    Safe travels to all.
    John and Carol Joscelyne and Hexy too! ! !
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much for all the kind words. Yes, it’s funny how these animals become such a big part of our lives, often times more than we realize. Belle had her ways and sometimes I wanted to ring her neck! Lol. She loved the pond we have and mud whenever she could find it. Most times right after a bath too! Like I said earlier, it’s the little things that hurt the most. See, we also had a solid black mini schnauzer named Bentley that we lost on March the 2nd 2016 at 2:47pm (can you tell how much I miss him?) that was just 6yrs old to Cushing Syndrome and diabetes complications from the Cushings. He was so young and was attached at the hip to my youngest daughter. And man was he a great dog! We got him as a companion for Belle while work and school was going on. When he passed, It crushed us for weeks folks. Even Belle was depressed. If you think dogs don’t realize things like this, you’d be wrong. Belle situation was different. Older, full life, also a very good dog. But it brought the hurt back two fold even though the circumstances were different. She had kidney failure that unfortunately became to advanced and just senior age took its ugly toll. The humane thing had to be done and was put off long enough already. I’m sure time will pass and things will return to a new normal. Maybe someday even get another four legged friend. But honestly, right now, we just don’t wanna go through this again no time soon. I’ll quit rambling on now and say good night. And of course, thank you to all. Your understanding means a lot!

The Greene’s
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our Black Lab Storm for almost 12 years, got him as a rescue 1 month after we married. He was 9 years old when we started full timing. He loved to travel all his life, and retrieve on land an in water. We had an operation for a cancerous tumor on his backside at the end of 2015. Went well, but he went downhill quickly after that, weakness in his hindquarters and lower energy. As his condition worsened to the point of struggling to get up, we knew it was his time to pass to whatever heaven dogs go to. Put him down last May 1 and his remains are at Paws in Heaven here in the Texas Hill Country. Our attending vet sent us a card with the following message

Friend please don't mourn for me
    I'm still here though you don't see
    I'm right by your side each night and day
    And within your heart I long to stay

My body is gone but I'm always near
    I'm everything you feel, see, or hear
    My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
    As long as you keep me alive in your heart.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys posting those poems are making me get all teary eyed and it's been a yr and a half since we put our girl Keely (unknown age,but we guess about 13/14yrs) down and 10 yrs for my boy Shadow (17yrs). I still miss both
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing a family member is never easy but it helps to talk about it. Like you mentioned in your posts the memories will bring you some emotions - happy, sad, laughable, etc..

Celebrate the life and cherish the memories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12