Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    A much less expensive way to extend your shower time is by simply installing a lower GPM shower head.
    Isn't the flow rate of the standard RV shower head about 2.5 gallons per minute? I believe the one that came in my Reflection is.
    If you can get a 5 minute shower with that flow rate, it stands to reason you'd get 12 minutes 30 seconds by switching to a 1.0 GPM shower head.
    There must be other factors involved though because I have a standard 6 gallon water heater, but last week when I took a shower in our 220RK, I had hot water for the whole 7 or 8 minutes I was in the shower, then my wife took one and she never ran out of it either. Maybe it heats up the water in the lines as well? I'm not sure how that works.
    FYI, the reason your math doesn’t work is you don’t run the hot water valve wide open with the cold shut off. At least with me, water coming out of the hot tank is scalding in the shower . Also if not on city water your pump doesn’t give you 2.5 gal per minute I do not believe.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the standard shower head on these trailers was 1.5 GPM. Home showers are now regulated to 2.5 GPM. I'm not sure what the mix of hot/cold is for most people. If it's 50:50, then you'd have 24 gal with the 12 gal heater. At 1.5 gal min that should give you 16 min before you exhaust the hot water. Of course you'd better have full hookups for this!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In trying to make the decision to have a Truma installed, we just bought a 337 Reflection and we have the same 6 Gallon / 17.8 Gallon Recovery hot water heater. Has anyone ever just timed how long, at a good temperature (not scalding, but what you would normally shower at) the hot water will last until it starts to run cold (or cold enough to be uncomfortable)? I think it would be a very helpful statistic for those looking at potential replacements. If that number is 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc. at least you could make a good decision. It would be great if different people could do this for the 6 gallon, the 10 and the 12 gallon and you could get an average to compare. Thanks in advance

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtrace View Post
    In trying to make the decision to have a Truma installed, we just bought a 337 Reflection and we have the same 6 Gallon / 17.8 Gallon Recovery hot water heater. Has anyone ever just timed how long, at a good temperature (not scalding, but what you would normally shower at) the hot water will last until it starts to run cold (or cold enough to be uncomfortable)? I think it would be a very helpful statistic for those looking at potential replacements. If that number is 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc. at least you could make a good decision. It would be great if different people could do this for the 6 gallon, the 10 and the 12 gallon and you could get an average to compare. Thanks in advance
    Now that our Atwood 6 gal is fixed (Dinosaur board), with both propane and electric, I can get about 10 min of hot shower. That's usually enough. But we have a family of 5, so we have to wait between showers.

I may eventually get the Truma. But IMO the bigger issue is the slow dribble shower. I'd love a shower with more pressure. THEN I'd definitely get the Truma.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Now that our Atwood 6 gal is fixed (Dinosaur board), with both propane and electric, I can get about 10 min of hot shower. That's usually enough. But we have a family of 5, so we have to wait between showers.

I may eventually get the Truma. But IMO the bigger issue is the slow dribble shower. I'd love a shower with more pressure. THEN I'd definitely get the Truma.
    With that many people to shower try turning the gas and electric heaters on at the same time when you want to shower. That will increase the recovery time by quite a bit.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vwcalbug View Post
    I was surprised to see so few topics on this subject, so here we go:

Has anyone done a mod to install a Truma Aqua Go system in their trailer?
    Anyone know where to buy them to do the install yourself (Truma's current position appears that t hey only want certified dealers to do the install)?
    Any feedback on the units?

I'm looking to install one into an Imagine 2400BH. Thoughts?
    You've got already got good advice from others on the technical side of your question but just in case you're brand new to all of this...

I was brand new last year and I too worried about the little water heater meeting our needs. However in four months of full-time living - two people, one of whom likes her excessively-hot showers - we never once ran out of hot water. Most of the time that was running the tank on electric-only, not using propane too which can really boost recovery time.

We were a bit careful - like turning off the water to soap up in a shower - but we may not have even had to do that. We never got close to being out of piping hot water.

Hope this helps.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    With that many people to shower try turning the gas and electric heaters on at the same time when you want to shower. That will increase the recovery time by quite a bit.
    That's exactly what we do. Plus we wait about 30 min between the time the kids shower (short showers) and ours (much longer). So far it's been doable. That's why we're not in a hurry to spend the $ for the Truma. But if we were somehow able to get more flow out of the showerhead, then we may indeed need a more capable water heater.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With having gas and electric on at the same time we haven't had to wait more than 15 minutes.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    That's exactly what we do. Plus we wait about 30 min between the time the kids shower (short showers) and ours (much longer). So far it's been doable. That's why we're not in a hurry to spend the $ for the Truma. But if we were somehow able to get more flow out of the showerhead, then we may indeed need a more capable water heater.
    I think we used the OEM shower head one time before installing the Oxygenics and we find it more than satisfactory.

Just a thought - if its not your showerhead restricting the flow, perhaps you have a kinked line or something else restricting the flow. You might get one of those garden hose water meters and see how many gallons you use in, say, ten minutes. I'd be glad to do the same just to compare flow rates.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I think we used the OEM shower head one time before installing the Oxygenics and we find it more than satisfactory.

Just a thought - if its not your showerhead restricting the flow, perhaps you have a kinked line or something else restricting the flow. You might get one of those garden hose water meters and see how many gallons you use in, say, ten minutes. I'd be glad to do the same just to compare flow rates.
    I tried the Oxygenics Fury showerhead and had an issue with water pressure that would rise and fall. We swapped back the OEM head and the pressure was stable, albeit low. I'm going to take the Oxygenics apart and see if there's a clog in there somewhere.

Thanks for the offer. Next week after our houseguests leave, I'm going to run the shower for 10 min and see how much water is used.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast