Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Don't know the cost of the Truma system but I don't see the advantage for the cost. As far as your wife running out of hot water if you had turned the gas and electric on at the same time she would not have run out of hot water. She wouldn't have had to wait 15 minutes after your shower either. Only time you would run the electric and gas at the same time is when you wanted to take back to back showers. On electric there is no noise to disturb anyone.
    I had the gas AND electric turned on at the same time, no doubt. I'm not trying to sell the system, it is for people who like not running out of hot water. You WILL run out and it takes longer than 15 minutes to get back to full strength. Maybe YOU don't see the cost benefits, but I do so I'm just informing those who would like to know, plain and simple. The noise I referred to is barely noticeable anyways, just a nice feature to be able to turn it down (in essence "off") without it really being off.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy and I do take back to back showers and only wait about 10 minutes. With both heaters on we haven't run out of hot water. Wonder if maybe there is a problem with one of your heaters.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Marcy and I do take back to back showers and only wait about 10 minutes. With both heaters on we haven't run out of hot water. Wonder if maybe there is a problem with one of your heaters.
    Running out of hot water hasn't been a problem for us, either. We don't have a set time between showers, just as long as it takes to dry off and the other person to get in.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience has been that with both electric and propane on, we can get at best a bit over 10 min of hot water. At that point we need to wait at least 10-15 min before the next shower otherwise we don't have enough hot water.

I would love to have the Truma. But it's very pricey at $2k installed.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your experience is the same as mine. My Truma was a factory install on my Coach and it does circulate the water so any faucet will have hot water in about 5 seconds. I love mine but your are right 2k is lot money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    My experience has been that with both electric and propane on, we can get at best a bit over 10 min of hot water. At that point we need to wait at least 10-15 min before the next shower otherwise we don't have enough hot water.

I would love to have the Truma. But it's very pricey at $2k installed.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I was lucky passing through Elkhart Indiana, I was able to get the Truma service guy to install it for around $1400. Better than 2k, but definitely more than I wanted to spend, but I have to say, it was worth it to me. My wife loves it so I guess the proof's in the pudding.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It’s all about your priorities.

$2k even $500 is crazy money for a water heater in my opinion, when I can just wait 10 minutes to shower.

But I own $3700 worth of batteries.

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who have the AquaGo https://www.truma.net/water-systems are you still loving it, and which one did you go for: Basic, Comfort or Comfort Plus? My wife and I are seriously considering this upgrade for our 5 person family, b/c even with the low flow shower head we installed, we can't get more than two showers in a row with hot water. It would be great to not have to worry about having hot water when we have full hook ups.
    R. H. & Jessica, Virginia http://blog.borderlinechaos.com/wp-c...dStatesMap.gif
    2017 Momentum 350m 5th Wheeler, B&W Companion 18k hitch
    2017 Ford F350 6.7L Powerstroke, SRW, 4x4, Long Bed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Confort Plus and love it. Make sure you have the "Exclusive decalcification technology - extends life and maintains performance" otherwise you have to find a dealer with the equipment to complete the Decalcification that requires a trip to the dealer and cost couple hundred dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruach-Elisha View Post
    For those who have the AquaGo https://www.truma.net/water-systems are you still loving it, and which one did you go for: Basic, Comfort or Comfort Plus? My wife and I are seriously considering this upgrade for our 5 person family, b/c even with the low flow shower head we installed, we can't get more than two showers in a row with hot water. It would be great to not have to worry about having hot water when we have full hook ups.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    We have the Confort Plus and love it. Make sure you have the "Exclusive decalcification technology - extends life and maintains performance" otherwise you have to find a dealer with the equipment to complete the Decalcification that requires a trip to the dealer and cost couple hundred dollars.
    Thanks for that recommendation, we will make sure to do that. The price I got from my local dealer/installer included that.
    R. H. & Jessica, Virginia http://blog.borderlinechaos.com/wp-c...dStatesMap.gif
    2017 Momentum 350m 5th Wheeler, B&W Companion 18k hitch
    2017 Ford F350 6.7L Powerstroke, SRW, 4x4, Long Bed

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast