User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted: 297 RSTS Reflection Travel TRailer

I'm going to be purchasing my RV in 3 - 4 months. Ideally, I'd like to find a used 297 RSTS. I'm not sure what the best approach is to letting current owners, who may be thinking of moving up this year, know so that I could be considered as a buyer. Suggestions?

Also, has anyone modified their 297 to take out some of the seating and put in the same desk that's in the 2670MK Imagine? I will be working in my RV and need desk space more than I need all the seating.

Thanks!

Debbie

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Debbie - Welcome to the forum! This is a good source of information. The 297RSTS has been on the market for less than two years, so it may be difficult to find a used one. In fact, I'm a 297 owner myself. And I wouldn't dream of trading mine.

It would be very simple to modify the interior to accommodate a work space. The sleeper sofa at the back of the unit is very easy to remove. This would leave you a blank slate to work with. You could build your own work station there, or maybe even purchase one. The only difficulty I see in adding an existing desk would be getting it through the door and making the turn into the living room. That is a pretty tight space. Of course, you'll also have to make sure the desk is not too deep so that you can get the slide out rooms to come back in while you're moving.

The 297 is a wonderful rig for one or two people and has all the functionality that I'd ever want. In fact, we went from a larger fifth wheel to this model because of it's optimal size. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help you out.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Jim!

I was afraid that there might not be any used ones out there, but had hopes that as the 2019s start hitting the shows, someone might be tempted to go newer . My other thought was that if I end up buying new, try to order without the sofa in the rear (maybe move it to the side in place of the stadium seats) and have them install the same desk unit that they use in the 2670 MK Imagine. just matching the cabinetry.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debbie, I don’t know if you prefer a couch over recliners, but the recliners in the 297 are fabulous, especially across from the television, and heated to boot!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can take some measurements tomorrow. But if you moved the sofa to the slide out, I don't believe you'd be able to put the bed out because the island would be in the way. And I also believe the sofa is wider than the two recliners, so you'd lose room at the dinette. Like Steve mentions above, those recliners are really comfortable and the heated seats are really nice when it's cold outside.

Jim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Debbie, I don’t know if you prefer a couch over recliners, but the recliners in the 297 are fabulous, especially across from the television, and heated to boot!
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    ...Like Steve mentions above, those recliners are really comfortable and the heated seats are really nice when it's cold outside.
    What are y'all talking about? I don't think mine are heated!

Where is your switch located?

Thanks for inciting jealousy and possibly an upgrade! (or maybe just educating me )

Sorry for being OT...

-William
    La Porte, TX

2013 Ford F-250 SD SRW 4x4 6.7
    ARE Z Series Truck Cap w/Yakima Roof Rack
    CargoGlide 1500XL Full Extension Bed Slide
    Firestone 2535 Ride Rite Air Helper Spring
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    EasyStart 366 x05 Soft Start Kit (on both A/C's)
    Honda EU2000i w/tri-fuel kit
    Honda EU2000i Companion w/tri-fuel kit

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, thank you for all the great information. Things to consider. That's why I joined the forum. I want to make a good, informed, decisions when the time comes.

The reason I was thinking of trading out the seats for the couch was for the sleeping space. While I'm alone, I may have overnight guests that I'd like to have a sleeping spot for. If there wouldn't be enough space due to the island I have to re-think it.

Thanks.

Debbie

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lptxtandem View Post
    What are y'all talking about? I don't think mine are heated!

Where is your switch located?

Thanks for inciting jealousy and possibly an upgrade! (or maybe just educating me )

Sorry for being OT...

-William
    Regarding the heat button, it’s by the cup holder. There are three buttons, one for heat, one for the under LED lighting, and one to lock them on or off.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Regarding the heat button, it’s by the cup holder. There are three buttons, one for heat, one for the under LED lighting, and one to lock them on or off.
    They made some changes around September of 2016 which included the heated seats. Before that, the seats weren't heated.

Jim

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    They made some changes around September of 2016 which included the heated seats. Before that, the seats weren't heated.

Jim
    Didn’t know that. It looks like William’s is a 17’ though..., maybe manufactured prior to that upgrade?
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast