User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion FGH4ZSA-SS GAS COOKTOP Issue

We took delivery of a 2018 375RES in October. So far we love it, but it's winter in MI so in the barn it goes until Spring! One of the first issues noticed was the Furrion stovetop. The model: FGH4ZSA-SS GAS COOKTOP has zero simmer capability. The lowest level will burn anything requiring a simmering flame height. We contacted the dealer and were told that is normal for the model. They are working with GD to resolve. I reached out to Furrion and was sent the flame height spec sheet, and was told the model was not designed for a low simmer flame adjustment; and closed my ticket as a kicker. The concept is so bizarre to me I can't even come up with words. I'm not sure why GD would put that kind of gas stovetop in ANY unit. Anyone have a similar experience?
    signed: Burning desire for replacement stove
    I attached what Furrion sent me: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLAME_HEIGHT_ANALYSIS.pdf 
Views:	87 
Size:	373.5 KB 
ID:	10991

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same 2018 375RES with the Furrion gas cooktop. My wife and I have used it many times, we winter camp and are cooking on it most weekends. Have had no problems, even on low cooking egg sandwiches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same issue!

New Solitude owner. Before finding this forum I just wrote to Grand Design today about this very issue. I want to use the stove, but instead have to use an electric cooker if I want to actually simmer anything for any amount of time. Yes, the stovetop works fine for cooking things that you attend for the several minutes needed to cook them, but NOT for simmering sauces, soups, stew and the like. As a stopgap measure, I plan to find some sort of portable burner I can add over the existing one for when I need to simmer things. (I know the sourcing agent for another RV manufacturer and she is considering Furrion, but perhaps she won't when I mention this issue to her.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having this same exact issue with our new 337RLS. Husband very dismayed as the kitchen was a primary reason for changing rigs. Experimenting with using a diffuser plate to mitigate the issue. Wish we didn't need to.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I am dredging up an old thread but good news is always welcome.

I found a solution.

I pulled the knob off our stove and there is a small hole in the shaft. At the bottom of this hole is a screw. Turning this screw will adjust the flame height.

Here's how I did it. I could not find a screwdriver that would fit in the hole in the shaft so I made one. I took a heavy duty metal paper clip, straightened out about 4 inches of it, then took a hammer and flattened the end. Sanded the end flat so I now have a mini screwdriver.

Turn on and light the burner, then turn it to low. Pull the knob off the burner, it was pretty tight and I had to pry mine loose with a regular screwdriver. It took some effort but it came off.

Insert your mini screwdriver into the hole in the end of the knob shaft of the stove and slowly turn it, you may need to wobble it a bit to find the slot in the screw head but once you do you will feel the screw turn and see the flame change height. one direction will increase the flame height, the other will lower it. I got ours set nice and low on the front burner so it should simmer quite nicely.

I am pretty sure Furrion would not approve of this as it makes it more likely the flame can be accidentally blown out and cause unburned propane to leak into the camper. Extreme caution should be used.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a gas stove Simmer Ring, available from Amazon for about ten bucks. Cheap solution that works well. https://www.amazon.com/Diffuser-Stov...%2C240&sr=8-15

...VTX-Al

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTX-AL View Post
    We use a gas stove Simmer Ring, available from Amazon for about ten bucks. Cheap solution that works well. https://www.amazon.com/Diffuser-Stov...%2C240&sr=8-15

...VTX-Al
    Ditto.... I posted a photo of the one we use someplace on this site. I got mine at Amaozon. We used it again tonight and it worked quite well.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine doesn't have a hole in the shaft. Instead it's a slot the knob slides into. Thanks for the info and I wish that would have corrected the issue. Maybe I'll try the simmer ring. We also use the round wire shelf from the microwave to sit pots on for simmer and that works well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these stove in my 2018 375RES and the electric igniter isn't working.. I put fresh batteries and no luck. Does anyone have any idea? Do you know how this is installed? is it just laid in counter top?
    Steve & Debra
    2020 F350 Platinum crew cab, DRW power stroke Diesel,
    Currently a Demco 21k Hijacker Autoslide hitch
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 solitude with the Furrion gas cooktop model FGH4ZSA-SS to hot on low to do low temp cooking. Never saw such a thing and we’re really surprised that stove top is in a solitude unit. Poor quality, we need some relief. Tell us how to adjust down the burner gas pressure. This unit is our second grand design unit because of the quality in prior unit. May now become our last and loose our constant praise of this company.
    Albert @ [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast